Fruit Allergy Gone?

Dana15

I am posting this as a success even though I am only on Day11. Yesterday I decided to try a slice of an apple. You may think that this is not a big deal, but I have been allergic to apples, pears, plums, peaches and nectarines for years. They make my mouth and throat itch incredibly bad. During both of my pregnancies this went away. So, I figured I would try and see with this new way of eating. Well, no itching from the slice yesterday so I ate the whole apple today! Nothing happened! I am really excited if this has helped with my allergy. I love all of those fruits, so this would be great to enjoy them again.

Did this happen to anyone else? Also, any idea about why?

Hmmm this is indeed interesting.

I know if I eat Pineapple (easily my favorite fruit) while off a whole 30 I am prone to get blisters in my mouth.  If I have pineapple during a whole 30 I get nothing.  I have found it a bit curious but never looked into any further.

So I am interested to see the others' replies to this one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What you're describing sounds like an oral allergy. It actually can be triggered by having outdoor allergies-something about the pollen. If you're allergic to certain things outside, then certain foods will make your mouth/throat itchy. I have a ton also. Thats great that its gone away! 

Archived