My first Whole30

AnnaHarman

Yikes! I am a snacker!

While I normally eat a fairly "healthy" diet, I have realized more today than ever that I love my snacks. Being a stay at home mom (and babysitter) I am home all do long, so I just eat all day.  I never really eat a meal, just lots of small snacks. I need to work on eating more at mealtime so I am not so hungry!

(oh, and the cinnamon rolls that were dropped off at my house this morning by one of my daycare kids' dad, did not help!)

so here goes:

Meal 1

2 scrambled eggs with Pico de Gallo

1/2 an avacado

snack

100% apple juice

Meal 2

celery with sunbutter

hard boiled egg

apple

snack

Ground turkey with Pico de Gallo and a dollop of homemade mayo

Meal 3

ground beef spaghetti sauce

spaghetti squash

spinach

• Moderators

Yes, you need to eat more. Here is the model we ask you to follow: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

You can use juice to sweeten recipes that you making, but it is not okay to drink juice. We want you to eat your food and not drink it. Juice is a sugar bomb and you will do better without it. 

I would be starving (and snacking) if I ate like you.  A typical day for me would be:

Meal #1   Homemade sausage mixed with cooked diced sweet potato, wilted spinach, and maybe some onion or mushroom, topped with 2 fried eggs.

Meal #2   Collard wraps stuffed with chicken salad, tomato, and avocado, plus a big side salad of kale, romaine, tomato, onion, mushroom, bell pepper, carrot shreds, broccoli, and whatever other fresh fixing is around, topped with balsamic dressing.

Meal #3   A big bowl of beef stew with lots of carrots, onions, and potatoes in a crushed tomato base.

I find if I eat a starchy veg like sweet potato at my first meal I stay fuller, longer.  I have breakfast around 7, lunch around 1 or 2, and dinner around 7:30.  Now the desire to snack is purely in my head, because if I check myself, I'm really not hungry, just looking for something to do.

Archived