corn and peas

LisaLulu

So sweet corn and peas are out? What is the science behind that? I know they are considered a grain and a legume technically, but botany is strange and overlapping and to me they seem like vegetables. They both barely require any cooking and contain a lot of water unlike regular beans or grains that require a lot of drying, soaking, processing, cooking, ect. So what's the exact harm? Are they going to be like potatoes and added in some day? It seems a bit pedantic. 

• Moderators

Read the book for detailed questions like this. Or read through the forum and note the many reports from participants of discovering how much trouble corn and a variety of legumes cause them. Corn and peas are not going to be added to the Whole30 menu ever. You can bank on that. 

Ah okay.  I guess it makes sense because I had zero reaction to corn and beans in reintro so I wouldn't be sensitive to sweet corn and peas but others might. To me they just feel like eating a vegetable. I'm getting the book for my birthday in 2 weeks so I'll read it then. 

Archived