Unhealthy relationship with food....

Beverly

This is only day 11 for me, and I THOUGHT that I was doing pretty good for the most part, until I read that snacking is a no-no, and fruit and nuts are only to be consumed occasionally. I've always had a very unhealthy relationship with food, as it has always been a comforter, something to do when bored or watching TV, and basically just a turn to for any and all of life situations. So..... I have been eating a LOT of fruit (especially melons) and nuts. This has been what has made this journey doable for me. If I can't have those but only on occasions, how am I going to make it through this??? This is very important to me, as I want to be healthy for the first time in my life, and I want to lose about 60 pounds. I desperately need help here.....

You are not alone. I had a similar relationship with food before Paleo/Whole30. I won't lie, this will take a little discipline on your part, but the reward is so worth it.

Two things to do to avoid eating between meals. First make sure you are eating enough at your meals. If you have not already print off the meal template and put it up in your kitchen and use it to make every meal. Then when you feel the need to eat between meals ask yourself if you are truly hungry (you would eat anything offered to you no matter how unappetizing) or if you just want to eat. If it is the former than have a mini meal with protein and fat and consider increasing your portions at your other meals. If it is the latter do something else. Make a list of things that you enjoy and make you feel calm. Read a book, take a walk, phone a friend, etc. You have to retrain the automatic response and that takes discipline. Put your "I'm not hungry but I want to eat" list up in places you will encounter it when the snack dragon rears its ugly head.

You can do this! You can! 

Archived