Starting October 1st

AshChristensen

I'll look into those breakfast ideas, thanks!

Made a birthday cake for my wife this evening, that turned out more difficult then I thought!

Every spill I made of the batter on my hand was a automatic response to lick it off!

And there was a lot of batter and buttercream and all sorts of things.

Now that the cake is finished the temptation is gone, I won't eat a bite of it!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 9!! We had an amazing vegetable beef soup made with homemade bone stock last night, I will definitely be making that one again :)  Last night I had my first eat bad food/guilt dream, lol! I honestly thought, no way was I gonna have dreams about desserts...

Food plan for today is Breakfast: compliant bacon with pan fried sweet potato, Lunch: leftover soup and a salad, Dinner: Meatballs and zoodles with compliant marinara sauce.

I had a few friends (independently) yesterday tell me I look thinner, especially in my face. I'm feeling much less bloated these days. Kind of makes the scale a temptation. I'm ready for my energy to pick back up. By the time 5 pm hits I feel like I should just go climb into bed. Unfortunately dinner doesn't cook itself and the kids would gladly declare anarchy if I gave in and slept!

I'm new in the forum, so hi everyone!

My sister and I started Oct. 1st. so far real problem is that I'm lacking imagination for meals, and more important: TIME! It's was so easy to grab a bowl of cereal with some milk! no time and no thinking needed!

Recently I feel that fruit taste SO sweet, but somehow is not enough, I’m craving something sweet!! Yesterday I used a lip balm, from the body shop flavor Mango, and I really wanted to eat it! Hahaha. So day 9, bear with me!

Also, I haven’t notice any change in terms of loss of weight, I haven´t used a scale, but I measure with my clothes and feel them the same, if not more tightened….so hanging in there.

Have a good day 9 everyone!

Yesterday I used a lip balm, from the body shop flavor Mango, and I really wanted to eat it! Hahaha. So day 9, bear with me!

Funny you said this... I put on a lip gloss yesterday that I haven't worn in a while, not supposed to be flavored. It tasted so sweet! Told my husband I may have to start my Whole30 over since I "cheated" with the sweetened lip gloss, lol!

Funny you said this... I put on a lip gloss yesterday that I haven't worn in a while, not supposed to be flavored. It tasted so sweet! Told my husband I may have to start my Whole30 over since I "cheated" with the sweetened lip gloss, lol!

I know!!! 

hahahaha! I feel I cheated too! lol.

lip gloss or no lip gloss we can do this! 

good luck!

Day 9 already! Still going great. No more cravings for something at 11am or 4 pm.

The only difficult time is when I come home at night, I take a couple of cashew nuts while cooking dinner, but that's it.

Made a weekplanning with meals and hung it in the kitchen so I know which container to take to work. It works for me, no meal stress. Just lovely food to eat.

Okay, just had to check in and say... my facebook feed is full of baked goods tonight. I won't be back on there til morning!

What are your favorite breakfasts so far? I can't eat eggs so I'm in a rut and need to change it up. I've been having compliant bacon/sausage and sweet potato hash. I really can't stomach veggies very well in the morning, so no breakfast salads or dinner leftovers for me :(

Day 9. I have been cranky and feeling like crap the last few days. I hope this feeling goes away soon. I have been so tired I can't even work out.

Breakfast - 3 eggs fried in coconut oil with a side of berries.

Lunch - Kale salad with lots of tomatoes and fish.

Dinner - Salad with turkey patty, roasted beets, avocado and bacon. I also has sweet potato fries.

Well, I didn't do so well yesterday...but today is another day and I jumped right back on the plan. Breakfast in the hotel was good stuff I brought with me, but I didnt get a good meal at lunch - ate a Lara bar, but at least avoided all the funeral food at the lunch and at the house after. Then we were on the road and I ate an apple with some almond butter to tide me over and then we stopped at dinner time at Qdoba and I ordered a naked taco salad with chicken, guacamole and had them add some grilled veggies and a little pico de gallo. Not sure if it was all 100% compliant but I felt like I did the best I could under the circumstance. I was so hungry so I ended up eating another Lara bar before bed.....didn't sleep too well, but got up this am and had Egg bake and a banana for breakfast, baked sweet potato with chili and guac and an apple for lunch and dinner was chicken stir fry with cabbage, broccoli, carrots and pea lids with sunshine sauce. I was starving when I got home from work ( and a stop at the grocery store) so it was a quick meal to whip up since the veggies were preccoked or frozen and the chicken and the sauce was made. Now I'm sipping some chamomile tea. I did a little cooking tonight and made another batch of chili, have lunch made for tomorrow, and now I'm roasting a big butternut squash. I just love having a variety of food cooked and ready to go!

Well done on lasting out at the funeral. Don't worry if it wasn't perfect; you seemed to do the best you could do!!

I'm starting to get a bit unexcited by food ALREADY which is a bit concerning but not tempted to cheat.

My work pants are falling off me at the moment and they were super tight two weeks ago!! They do have a bit of stretch in them but this is definitely more than stretch.

I was so hungry on my night shift but the thought of eating any meat just made me feel ill. I ate some boiled eggs and blueberries but I had to force them down.

Well.. actually I wasn't that hungry. My appetite has definitely decreased. I don't get that low blood sugar hangry feeling anymore

Thank you all for your encouragement of what it all feels like. I agree food choices are getting a bit boring. I am going to try brining chicken as suggested in today's post. My pants are slightly looser and the scale is a huge temptation, but I am resisting .

Last night I frided onions peppers, garlic, sausage and added crushed tomatoes, put that over roasted spaghetti squash, it was delicious and I have three servings in the freezer for lunches, Yea!

Hang in there everyone!

Last night I frided onions peppers, garlic, sausage and added crushed tomatoes, put that over roasted spaghetti squash, it was delicious and I have three servings in the freezer for lunches, Yea!

Hang in there everyone!

HI! i'm just wondering what kind of sausage do you use? I had the idea it wasn't allowed.....  :huh:

have a great day 10!  ;)

Good to see you all doing well. 

I fell off with a massive BUMP on Tuesday. It is interesting though as a few aches that I put down to muscle fatigue as they gradually faded away have returned with a vengeance along with the sugar and wheat.  I have to get through this weekend as well as I can and then I am back on it. Probably not on this thread though as I want to share my journey from Day 1 through to 30+.

Good luck to you all xx

Good going kaatje. Do you find it difficult to source compliant foods in the Netherlands? I find it very difficult for things like coconut amino and compliant fish sauce.

I'm from Chile! and it's really hard because there's literally No culture whatsoever about healthy choices. So good luck for all you abroad!

One third already! Had a tangerine this morning half an hour before breakfast, and some nuts and olives before dinner, but close enough so it felt more part of the meal than a snack.

Weekend lies ahead, see what new recepies I can find to accompany my left over containers in the freezer.

Keep it up! We can do it!

Ok, for all those of you who are getting bored....time to try a new vegetable! Have you ever made butternut squash fries? Or cauliflower rice? How about roasted broccoli with garlic and fresh lemon juice? Have you ever tried rutabaga?

Or make some new sauce - sunshine sauce from the "clothes make the girl" blog is delicious with chicken and any kind of vegetable - I love to use broccoli, carrots, red peppers, pea pods with chicken and then I serve it over rutabaga rice.

Try something new this weekend!

Here in Holland you can get almost everything you want and need. Never searched for coconut amino, wouldn't know what to do with it :)

I adjust recepies I know to something that is #Whole30 approved, or try recepies I find on websites.

Archived