Tonya's 1st Whole30 ~ 1 Oct 2014

TonyaM

After dabbling on & off with paelo for much of 2014 it is time to commit.

1 Oct 2014 is Day1 of my 1st Whole30 & I don't plan on going back.

I have cleaned out my bathroom of all the so called 'beauty products' and now need to do the same in my pantry.

I have a couple of days transistion and will be making changes over the next few days in order to 'hit the ground running'

Transition Day:

I have got some meat out of the freezer & will set about cooking that tonight in prep for the coming days lunches. I've also boiled some eggs.

Today there is no bread & no milk and my water intake is going to increase.

Will set about meal planning tonight for my 1st week & make sure I have everything I need.

Ok, so last nights meal planning didn't happen - we are shifting house next week and packing boxes & sorting hoards of stuff kinda took over!!

But I do know I need to do a shop today, so I will sort a list & do that on the way home from work.

I have been two days without bread & diary, have reduced my coffee to 2 a day and have been getting protein into each meal & doing lots of reading & research.... Tomorrow it starts!

One of the big things I have got out of the "it starts with food" book is not to think of the meals as breakfast lunch & dinner... Meals, three of them, protein, fat & veg each time.

I started my day with a glass of water & then took the dog for a walk, another cup of water & sat down (at the table) to a raw spinach & broccoli salad with thin slices of cooked (but cold) liver topped with a poached egg, seasoned & drizzled with olive oil.

Lunch is a green salad & a spicy ground beef with avocado

Dinner is a serving of venison with a plate full of fresh veg sprinkled with pecans & macadamia nuts

Day 1 is now over for me  :D

I ate 3 balanced meals ~ protein, veg & fats each time, no snack, lots of water & 1 black coffee, can't believe that after just 3 days of making changes my coffee habit is down to 1 & even then I didn't really want it!

I did notice that an hour after eating meal1 & meal2 that I felt hungry, I had a cup of boiled water & kept busy, so got through the day without snacks. Finished the day with camomile tea & feeling pretty pleased with myself.

Tomorrow meal1 is salmon steak, so I'm off to find good ideas on what to do with it  B)

Day2 & I have a horrendous headache (goodbye sugar!) and I didn't sleep all that well  :(

I fried the salmon in a knob of coconut oil with ginger & coriander & served it with a rainbow of veg (tomatoes, cucumber, yellow capsicum & carrots)

Meal2 is a nicely cooked steak, 1/2 a baked kumera & a green salad

I got Chicken out for Meal3 and as yet haven't decided what I'm doing with it

Day one went good. Had eggs with tomato and bell peppers for meal 1, tuna with tomatoes and mayo for meal 2 and salmon with grilled veg and a mixed salad for meal 3. No snacks and lots of water. I'm posting the meals on Instagram so my friends can see, I'm eating great meals and for a reminder for my self in case I run out of meal suggestions,

My goals are drinking 2 litres of water and exercising at least 3 times a week.

Day2's last meal was chicken & vegetable coconut curry.... I looked at the ingredients of a favourite 'mix' and made it from scratch... coconut milk, turmeric, curry, coriander, salt & pepper... stirfried the chicken in coconut oil & then sauteed the veg in those pan juices, added my 'mix' covered & waited... it was good

Day3, meal1: kidneys (I love offal) cabbage, yellow pepper & tomatoes fried in coconut oil with 1/2 a baked kumera

Meal 2 is salmon steak with ginger & coriander, the other half of the baked kumera & a green salad with 2 hard boiled eggs & a dressing of olive oil & cider vinegar

Meal 3 - I have got ground beef out of the freezer unsure what it will be yet.

I think I am a bit carb depleated & so will be researching good sources other than kumera

I am enjoying being a chef in the kitchen rather than just shoving packets together  :P

Day4 Meal1 - 4 egg omelete with spinach & tarragon

Was surprised when it was time for Meal2 - it came around so quickly.... leftover Chilli cottage pie & a green salad with a mixed handful of cashews & almonds

Meal3 (after a day in the kitchen cooking muffins & scones for the man of the house) Fish fried in coconut oil & lemon served with carrot & parsnip "fries" and a salad with everything I could find - very colourful. I dressed it with olive oil, cidar vinegar & lemon juice.

I have made the Pork Scotch Eggs from the WellFed recipe book - 3 of them so they are ready for the working week.

Only one coffee a day still, black & weak

Archived