Sleep after baby

catherine_as1

Hi everyone. Wasn't sure where to put this 

I had a baby three months ago. Before baby, sleep was a priority- I strongly believe in the importance of sleep. I used to sleep 8-9 hours a night, and sleep well. I felt great. Now, I don't sleep- I haven't had an uninterrupted night's sleep in three months. I may sleep 5 hours at a time at most. I am now back at work and can't sleep during the day, but I never could- can't fall asleep with too many things swirling in my mind. Once I am up with baby at night it's hard to get back to sleep. Sharing night feeds/waking with husband isn't an option- he hasn't missed a night's sleep yet and probably never will. I am feeling the effects. Can't concentrate at work, worn down, sick, irritable, angry etc. 

Any advise? 

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to say this but I didn't get a full night's sleep until my second child was about 4! Not that this is the norm for every mom. It will get better! But you might want to say good bye to the 8-9 hours for bit and get rest where you can. Co-sleeping is a great idea.

And why can't your husband help at night? Now's the time to reset those expectations before years have passed and you're even more exhausted and resentful. (Not that I speak from experience ;))

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older post, but this is my biggest struggle! I have an 8 month old who never.ever.sleeps. I'm not looking for help getting him to sleep, but any other moms out there trying whole30 while trying to not turn into a zombie? I average 2-3 hours at any one time during the night. No sleep=no energy=cravings =bad eating =horrible cycle. I feel so desperate and out of control. I start my 30 days this Saturday. ..here's hoping I can manage

Archived