daily meals and comments

lelani

Well Day 28, the neat things I am learning.

1)  How much I love raw vegetables. 

2) I am getting full now.  What a feeling,  Sometimes I can't finish what is on my plate. 

3)Energy is good, got tired at one point today so made sure I had an Avocado at lunch, seemed to do the trick, better than a nap.

4) Still in a lot of pain, Fibrowise speaking and joints.  Ok might have to admit Auto Immune.  Sad to cut out eggs for ninety days but it will be worth it.  Will start this when I have finished my full Whole30. I have already cut out nuts and my beloved almond milk, nightshades,

5) Not quite finished the book yet but learning lots of little things here and there I can do better, (to reap all the benefits of the Whole60.....  I guess it is going to be a Whole120 after I finished experimenting with myself.

6) Blood Sugar is down to 6,2 hasn't been this low in years.  I don't take medication.

7) Will go to Tylenol for pain instead of Alieve and other stuff on the list in the Book.  Just to get through those 16 hour days.  Have tried a couple of times without but still too much pain.  Rome wasn't built in a day or 30 for that matter. 

8) Wedding rings falling off, Been married 24 years.....

9) Mental clarity is exciting for sure.  Coping is much easier.

10) I feel clean.  VERY cool.  So excited and looking forward to weigh day,  I feel much less cumbersome.

Day 29, Can't wait for tomorrow, and start again.  Need to find a good source of light Olive oil.  didn't find any at the health food store.  Already miss my eggs, sheesh. It has only been this morning without them. 

Haven't been posting what I have been eating.  I think that might be a bad idea.  So Let me remember.

Yesterday:

2 eggs scrambelled, huge amount of raw broccoli, left over cabbage and pinapple hash (

Lunch: big cup of chicken and veg broth, huge chicken salad with avacodo mayo. and small very sour Kiwi

Dinner:  Curry chicken on coleslaw,  thickened the curry sauce with potato starch worked good.

The day before I made:

Breakfast:  huge dish of Cabbage, pinapple, onion, garlic and ginger hash, 2 eggs

Lunch:  mongo salad and last of my mayo.  have to source light olive oil,

Dinner:  Pork and apple sauce, 1 small yam

Day 29 I started with a big hunk of chicken, 1 sour kiwi,  yikes really sour, handful of broccoli.  It will be so weird not eating eggs for 90 days.  I am changing my chickens over to totally organic pellets, double the cost of regular lay, and not feeding them wheat any longer as the feed company's said they can't guarantee non GMO wheat. In Canada our wheat is non GMO but some times the companies out source. sheesh

Anyway when I am done my auto immune whole/120 I will add eggs back.  I am not sure if I want to go this long without eggs, but will see after whole60.

• Moderators

Day 29, Can't wait for tomorrow, and start again.  Need to find a good source of light Olive oil.  didn't find any at the health food store.  Already miss my eggs, sheesh. It has only been this morning without them. 

You should be able to find light olive oil at your regular grocery store. 

Well it is my day 30 today.   I LOVE WHOLE30 

I have been eating so close to this way for a lot longer than 30 days of course, with the exception (in the past) of the odd piece of cheese, rye crisps, honey, maple syrup.  Have been off most grains for years and breads of course.  Haven't eaten dairy since October of 2013.

With that in mind I have lost 9 lbs, quite amazing for me to do in one month. I used to have to keep my carbs below 30grams a day and calories below 750 to loose any weight. and not much more to maintain. (have been an overweight, highly active person since childhood) (Have spent 45 years searching for a way of eating that is safe and healthy)  I do not believe in medications, chemicals or operations to aid my problem.

With the whole30 I feel VERY CLEAN,  a wonderful eating plan that I can sustain FOREVER no problem.

Regarding the auto immune area. Still in a lot of pain.  I  am having a problem with the thought of cutting out eggs.  Did it yesterday for a test and almost went nuts.  My conclusion to adding the anti immune system is NO.  I will wait at least until I have fulfilled the whole60.  I feel I will fail if I take away eggs.  I have taken away the nightshades, for almost the whole whole30, however really miss tomatoes.  This next whole60 will consist of all the foods, regrouping to see if I have made any mistakes I am not aware of.  Adding back my Yoga and hiking and Horseback riding.  Have been too depressed (this is probably why) to do anything but go to work.  Not healthy. 

I did loose a whole inch off my waist, but what was really astounding is the weight below my breasts (I didn't measure here)  is amazingly smaller and I believe that is why I can breath so much better. (Obviously the food is correcting my hormone imbalance, which I have probably had since childhood)  Didn't notice I was having any trouble here, but I must say breathing and moving is so much easier

Whole30 has been a real eye opener, even though I thought I was quite aware of myself( so to speak).  Eating 3 full meals is great for me and worked well for my diabetes, hunger, high blood pressure etc.  Blood sugar is at a all time low, (I don't take medications), used to eat more often. (I believe the 3 meals is way better) Blood Pressure too. Pain level it is still hard to tell as Fibro comes and goes, the weather is wet, I haven't been exercising so I believe I need more time to let you and me know how this is going. I of course have had a lot of broken bones etc and am full of arthritis.

In Conclusion, I am continuing for a whole60..... I feel only good things will happen. Thanks you guys.  I will weigh in tomorrow do some measurements and look forward to the results of the whole60

Ps.  I have no desire to go off this wonderful life plan of Whole30 and onto Whole9 after a while.

• Moderators

Thank you Shannon, that is what I was thinking, so will have a further look around, can you still get it Organic?

I have to admit, I just picked one. I don't think mine is organic, but there might be some that are. There are things I'm picky about getting organic, this wasn't one of them. If it's important to you and your grocery store doesn't have it, you might try Whole Foods or Sprouts, if you have either of those around you.

Shannon thank you again,  I live in British Columbia Canada and Like you some things that are not Organic don't bother me too much.  I try.  What else can you do.  I will pick some up at the Non Health food store for sure and thank you so much again for responding to my quest I appreciate it 

Archived