Having a hard time. Please help!

JeffreyBongo

Hello! I'm on day four of my whole 30 and I do not feel positive at all. Everything I am reading and I feel like I can not find one person that feels the way I am feeling. I'm exhausted, depressed and all I can think about is food. I did weight watchers for a year and loved it. Lost 50 lbs and after the inital week always felt satisfied and happy. Got out of that for a while and then wanted to try and be more healthly. So My husband and I went vegan for a while and I felt awesome. Loved everyday of it. We met a lovely woman in an organic food market that turned us on to the whole 30 and going paleo. So we decided to give it a try, I mean it's all natural how hard or bad could it be? Well it's the hardest thing I've ever done. I really want to quit. My husband is not having this experience at all, he loves it. He has enjoyed every meal and has the overall positivity that I found in this forum. It's not even so much that I'm hungry, I'm quesy constantly, headache and plain miserable. Am I doing some wrong? We eat veggies and protein at every meal and fruit for a snack. I think we're even eating maybe a little more fruit then is reccomended. Has anyone else felt like this? The only thing keeping me on is I do not want to disappoint my husband and ruin it for him. I know it's important to him.

Are you signed up for the daily emails? Either way, I don't think you're doing anything wrong, and it's definitely not uncommon to be exhausted or somewhat upset. Have you seen the Whole30 timeline? http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/

I usually have a few days where I hate everything, I mean everything, and tiny little things make me angry. Luckily, this subsides. :) It will get better, you just have to stick with it. Don't quit! Everyone reacts to it differently, you just have to give your body time to adjust.

What you are feeling is normal for lots of folks who start the Whole30. Try to stay the course as your body adjusts to this new way of getting energy. Also, it might help if you post some food logs. It may be that you're not eating enough of something and would feel better if you ate more of it (or less of something else). Are you exercising? How is your sleep? These, too, can affect how you feel on the Whole30. But as gatork said above, everyone reacts differently. Try not to be discouraged -- and keep coming here for support!

Hi There,

Hang in there. You are not alone. Having some rough days in the beginning is normal. I had some days where I felt crappy and where I had some anger too. I have also been a vegetarian and lost weight on Weight Watchers. However, I always gained it back and I never felt as great as I feel now. I am on day 29. In the beginning your body is detoxing. Be sure and take a look at the link gatork gave you.

Please don't feel alone. There is so much support on this site. I have never felt so supported before. Now that I have reached day 29 I am happy, sleeping great, feel so much energy, and my medical conditions have improved so much it is unbelievable (I am diabetic). The days of detoxing are worth the long term benefits.

Check out www.thefoodee.com. It has some great recipes. Also, check out different Whole 30 folks logs in the logs section. You can get lots of ideas from those. Try starting a log yourself - you can find those at the bottom of the main forum page. Maybe if you start logging your feelings and food everyday it will give a release. I know it has really helped me and I have made some wonderful friends. I am glad you were brave enough to say how you were feeling.

Hang in there! I am rooting for you along with lots of other folks here at Whole 30! :)

Faith

I agree with Faith. Once I started a log (in the log section) I felt much better being able to list out my thoughts. Kind of like blogging but this is the only place where I know people can relate to what I am going through and offer support.

It does get better I promise. Some feel it faster than others but I think if you trust in the system it does work!

Archived