Starting Whole30 on 10/27/2014

bobryant6

Hi!

My name is Bo Bryant and I am challenging myself to complete the Whole30 on the back of a friend’s very successful Whole30 experience. While I am not necessarily overweight, I do have some excess I would like to address; however, my more immediate hope/desire is to determine what foods cause me the most problems while also addressing other "demons" as well (i.e., sugar, drinking, stress, not sleeping well, etc.). Looking forward to the 30 days which lay ahead!! In the process of doing all the preparation work I possibly can.

Good luck to all others who are also starting the Whole30 soon! Congrats to all those who have successfully completed the challenge / life changing 30 days as well!

Ok…what gives…you make better choices and you are eating the right things, making the right choices and then the hungry “demon” creeps up and starts saying, eat, eat…eat for goodness sake.  Although my first official start day, I have been preparing for a few days to get my body through some of the low points (think “Kill All of Them”) before my work week started so I am not acting crazy in front of co-workers; however, instead of “Kill All of Them” I am more like “eat all you can”, but keep it Whole30 approved.  I thought goal was to eat 3 times a day, but there isn’t a snow ball’s chance in you know where that is going to happen.  Any advice from graduates?

• Moderators

If you're hungry, eat. The ideal is three meals a day, no snacking, but if you can't eat enough in a meal to go 4-5 hours until your next meal, like Heather said above, have a mini-meal. Over time, you'll probably figure out how much to eat to stay satisfied until the next meal.

Be sure you're eating at least the minimum listed on the meal template, and don't be afraid to eat at the maximum amount if you need to.

Archived