Amy's Whole30 - Here gooooooooooes!

Amy

Thanks Hayley! I got the breakfast casserole recipe on this site, in the Whole30 Meal Planning section, under "Sunday Cookathon". I sectioned it into 6 portions, so they're pretty big! I cubed some sweet potatoes and baked those with sausage for about 20 minutes, then added 12 eggs beaten with a lot of veggies. I poured the eggs over the top and baked about another 30 minutes. I hated using a dozen eggs for it at the time, but it all evens out and it's nice to just grab it and go in the morning.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 12

Feeling a little hungry today, but nothing sounds good. Been a weird day as far as going back and forth wanting to eat, then not wanting to.

I ordered bacon today from US Wellness so I'm excited for that! Plus I got a roast and some ground turkey, so that will be a few changes from what I've been eating. Think I may just be bored with my choices right now.

Not really sleepy, but not really energetic.

breakfast - 2 sausage patties, pineapple, spoonful of coconut butter

lunch - salad with hard boiled egg, homemade ranch and tomatoes. best chicken from Well Fed (The last of it! Finally!) grapes

snack - tuna, mayo, 3 macademia nuts

dinner - hard boiled egg, a few walnuts, small glass of mango kombucha

Exercise - ChaLean Burn Circuit 3

Just feel like I didn't get enough veggies today and was a little heavy on the fruit and nuts. I guess it's still better than how I was eating just a few weeks ago, though!

Day 13

My 3 year old niece is over and I've been really tempted for little bites of things here and there. She came in with M&M's. She's been munching on blueberries and goldfish crackers. For dinner she had ravioli and meatballs and I really wanted a bite. I feel guilty feeding her that junk, but she wasn't going for my salmon and green beans!

I don't know how people do Whole30 with people in the household who aren't doing it.

Tomorrow at this time I'll be finishing my second week :D

breakfast - 2 sausage patties, egg, small spoonful of coconut butter

lunch - ground beef patty, salad with walnuts and raspberries and oil and pomengranate vinegar. Avocado

dinner - salmon steak with dijonaisse. Green beans. Small glass of kombucha

I'm really tired. I wish the energy would kick in! I didn't sleep great, either. Part of that was because I fell asleep watching TV. But then I woke up at 4am and was so hungry! I don't think I've ever woken up in the middle of the night like that just so hungry I couldn't go back to sleep. I ended up after about 30 minutes getting a banana then I fell straight back to sleep.

I think it's because I didn't eat enough yesterday plus I worked out.

I was out shopping today and got really hungry. I need to get some of those Primal Pacs or have something with me in case I'm out longer than I expected.

I also cheated a little bit and weighed myself :( But I've lost 9 pounds so far so that's good!

Day 14

Two weeks in! And tomorrow I get to say I'm halfway through! I have just been so sleepy though. Today it might be because my 3 year old niece stayed the night and slept in my bed and she's totally a little bed hog :) Plus it's been a very rainy, gray day. After dropping her off today, I came home and slept for an hour and a half. I was so groggy when I woke up. I really hope the energy gets here soon.

breakfast - sweet potato, egg, sausage, veggie scramble

snack - banana. I try not to eat too many bananas, but I knew it would be awhile till I could eat lunch

lunch - salmon steak with dijonaisse, salad with walnuts and raspberries and oil and pomengranate vinegar

dinner - pork chop, tomato, kale with coconut milk (Well Fed recipe) I discovered kale! I have really been needing some more veggies in my line-up. I only like so many. But the recipe was SOOO good. I was a little scared at first, but then I just couldn't get over how much I liked it.

I took my neice to Jump n Play today and got her a little cheese pizza. I really wasn't tempted, but I did think that if I weren't doing this program I would have eaten some of it for no other reason than that it was there. And I'm sure it wouldn't have been that good.

Again, I felt guilty giving it and the CapriSun to the neice, but I gave her a super healthy, Whole30 approved breakfast at least.

Halfway point tomorrow!! B)

Day 15

Halfway point!!! Woo hoo!!! I can totally do this two more weeks. It is hard to not think "I deserve a reward" and that reward be food. So instead, today I went an bought new jeans. COLORED jeans, too, cause I'm crazy like that :P AND - they're a size 12!!!!!!!!!!

Still sleepy. I'm going to make a real effort tonight to turn the electronics off an hour before I go to sleep and get some good rest.

breakfast - 2 sausage patties (ground pork w/sausage seasoning from Well Fed), avocado, pineapple chunks.

preworkout snack - hard boiled egg

lunch - spaghetti squash with homemade spaghetti sauce, ground beef.

dinner - salmon steak with dijonaisse, kale, baby carrots. Got lots of veggies in today! Spoonful of coconut butter for some fat

Exercise: 30 minutes on elliptical, Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 1

Ready to go back to work tomorrow for a short week. Taking my scale back to work so I stop weighing myself

Oh, and i have noticed the past few days my skin looks AMAZING. I thought it was just me looking for a benefit at first, but then I started just noticing it when I caught myself in the mirror. Can't wait for the next two weeks . . . then I'm having a drink ;)

Day 16

Day 16? Is that right? I only have two more weeks to go! woo hoo!

I slept much better last night. I turned the TV off almost an hour before going to sleep and just did things around the house till I went to bed. I think that really does make a difference.

Still not tons of energy, BUT I was not sleepy today and didn't feel like I needed a nap all day. Other reasons I may not have a lot of energy today: It's soooo humid, it's difficult to breathe outside for me. It's hot and thick and makes me feel sluggish. It's been gray and dreary all day. Work was really slow today and pretty boring. So now that the sleepiness is leaving, hopefully the "magic" is right around the corner!

Also - someone today complimented me on how good my skin looks! Someone at work who doesn't know I'm doing this program, and who wouldn't normally just say that. So I knew I noticed a change and it wasn't me just looking for a benefit!

And maybe this is because a lot of people were out of work today and I didn't talk to many people, but this is the first day I haven't been consumed by Whole30 all day. I just ate my meals, made a small grocery list, picked up my veggies, and set aside left overs for lunch one day. It's starting to feel pretty natural now.

One last thing - I took my bike up to get new tires and get a tune up. That was one of my goals from the first daily email under "Fun and Play". I need to be more active and get out more instead of just doing my workouts in the house.

breakfast - breakfast casserole (sweet potato, sausage, egg, veggies)

lunch - pork chop, cumin roasted carrots, strawberries

snack - few cashews. pretty hungry

dinner - top round steak, sweet potato (couldn't eat all of it!) with ghee, asparagus. Getting better at eating 2 vegetables at dinner

no exercise today - it's my 'rest' day :)

Day 17

Slept really well last night. Makes such a big difference turning the TV and computer off an hour before going to bed.

Didn't pack a big enough lunch. Should have put some chicken in the salad.

Still not feeling tons of energy, but I'm also not sleepy all day, so that's definitely a step in the right direction.

breakfast - breakfast casserole (sweet potato, sausage, egg, veggies)

lunch - salad with spring mix, raspberries, walnuts, olive oil and pomengranate vinegar. grapes

pre workout snack - hard boiled egg, spoonful of coconut butter

dinner - taco salad: iceburg lettuce, ground beef, tomato, salsa, wholly guacamole

exercise: 30 minutes elliptical, Chalean extreme burn circuit DVD, mowed grass (that counts!)

My order from US Wellness meats is expected tomorrow - BACON!

Day 18

Slept really well again last night. Again, I'm not dragging, but I don't feel tons of energy.

I was excited to have some bacon for dinner, but it was too frozen. Tomorrow, though!

Looking forward to making a trip to Whole Foods tomorrow. I need more vegetables, though! I'm going through them so fast. I need to stock up.

breakfast - two eggs scrambled with ghee and tomatoes. whole avocado

lunch - spaghetti squash, ground beef and spaghetti sauce. grapes

pre workout snack - spoonful of coconut butter, a few cashews

dinner - chicken breast, salad with spring mix, raspberries, walnuts, olive oil and pomengranate vinegar

exercise: Chalean extreme buen intervals DVD. I did notice my recovery in between intervals was noticably better.

Looking forward to getting into my last week here in about 4-5 days! Starting to get a little bored, too. I need to change up some of my meals.

Day 19

Tomorrow I'm in the 20's!

I felt a little more energetic today. After work I had to do some shopping, then a trip to Whole Foods (completely out of Kombucha - booo!!) then stuck in traffic, but when I got home I still went and worked out immediately. Also knew it would be awhile till dinner, so I made a good choice and got some pineapple at Whole Foods for a snack.

breakfast - bacon from US Wellness (not in love with it - now I see there's a reason they put sugar in bacon!), eggs

lunch - chicken taco salad - chicken breast (I'm so over chicken right now), lettuce, salsa, guacamole, tomato. Grapes

snack - pineapple

dinner - ground turkey burgers with mayo and asparagus. I ate two 1/4 pound burgers! After I ate the first one I felt like I hadn't even taken one bite. Especially after working out, so I listened to my body and ate another. Also from US Wellness - really good!

Exercise - Chalean Extreme burn circuit DVD

I am weighing myself. I know I'm not supposed to, but I am. I hit a new decade of numbers on the scale this morning that I haven't been in for two years! Very happy!

Day 20

I made it to the 20's! Without cheating once!

Two nights ago I had a very realistic, vivid dream about drinking a Coke by accident and I was just devistated. I was so glad when I woke up!

Not sleepy today. I'm starting to think that just not feeling worn down all the time is really energetic for me.

I was out today longer than I planned, but I made a trip to Whole Foods to stock up on kombucha, so I made some good choices as far as food. I'll be glad when my Primal Pacs get in and I don't have to worry so much about getting caught out without healthy snacks and start getting real hungry.

breakfast - blt lettuce wrap with tomato and wholy guacamole

snack/lunch - 2 hard boiled eggs, grapes (from Whole Foods), salad with spring mix, raspberries, walnuts, oil and vinegar (as soon as I got home)

dinner - pork chop, cumin roasted carrots. then, about an hour late - turkey burgers and coconut butter. I was realy low on calories for the day after the pork chop and carrots, but more importantly I was just hungry.

My meals were a little thrown off today, but I think I made good choices. Protein and fats. Some veggies at each meal.

Looking forward to have a drink in 20 days :) But other than that, not really craving diving back into the old foods.

Day 21

Big day today -

I think I finally got the 'magic'! haha. I've had so much energy today and I've just been happy. I've actually noticed feeling happier the past few days. When I read ISWF and it said that was one of the benefits I didn't really expect to see that one. Just the thought of food affecting my mood that way didn't seem realistic. But I don't know what else it could be! This morning, things that would normally annoy the hell out of me, I found myself smiling at and just enjoying. These kids in the grocery store that had kid sized carts and kept getting in my way - I actually found them cute when I would normally be huffing to get around them. Someone's ring tone with an old 80's song in Target that went on forever before they answered, I found myself smiling and humming along. And when I passed the greeting cards, I stopped and got one for my friend I'm going on vacation with because I thought she would like it.

So out of character for me! haha

As far as energy - today I weed whacked the whole yard, taped two rooms and a hallway that I need to paint, made 2 trips to the hardware store and started drilling and installing hardware on my cabinets that I've been putting off for a month! It's all so . . . weird :P

Oh, and I got into my skinny jeans today! That's really big news. I bought these jeans a year ago purposely too small and hung them on my closet door. Well, of course I started just hanging robes and stuff on them and forgot about them. At the beginning of my Whole30 I tried them on and couldn't quite get them all the way up. Today I got them up, ZIPPED! haha. and wore them out in public! I've got a little muffin top in them still, but I just wore a loose shirt.

I leave for Mexico 3 days after I end my Whole 30. I almost wish I wasn't because I'm afraid I'm going to undo everything.

These are my goals for Mexico - no grains. One dessert the whole time (It's only 5 days). Little dairy. I'm going to drink, because that's just what we do on the beach! But I think if I can stay away from pizza, nachos and desserts, I can come back and do about 90% Paleo. I can eat the toppings off nachos when we're snacking on the beach and breakfasts will be easy. Salads for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner. I think these are fairly realistic goals.

Good meals today!

breakfast - bacon, egg, half avocado, citrus komucha

lunch - leftover steak (So glad to find that! Did NOT feel like cooking in the middle of all that work I was doing), salad with raspberries and walnuts. Ate outside in the sun

dinner - turkey burger, creamed spicy kale, half avocado

No snacks today. No fruits or nuts except a little in the salad. Really good day all around!

Day 22

One week from tomorrow! I'm not really sure why I'm so looking forward to finishing the 30 days. It's not so I can go back to eating a bunch of crap. I think it's just so I can say I did it and not have to worry about messing up. I had a dream last night that I was eating pizza :(

breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs with sausage

lunch - turkey burger, kale, grapes

preworkout snack - half avocado

dinner - roast beef (made in the slow cooker overnight. SO good!) with carrots and onions, lavendar kombucha

Exercise - 30 minutes elliptical, ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit DVD. Starting week 3 today on the plan - never made it through week 3 before without stopping

No nuts today. Just a small amount of fruit at lunch with some grapes. I think other than one more trip to get some more veggies, I'm all set on food to get me through the end of this thing!

Hi Amy, I will be honest, I don't think I can claim ahhhmaazing body shape changes like you see in before & after photos on beachbody. But I have lost some body fat around my tummy and feel a heck of a lot stronger. A big part of it for me was keeping up regular exercise while the kids were off school and I couldn't go to the gym., so I am proud that I did that.

Day 23

Actually felt sleepy today. Came home and took a nap, but made sure not to sleep all evening, then I did some work around the house when I got up to get moving.

One week from today is my last day!

Had a lot of temptations today and for a minute here and there I was really tempted. I was thinking "I've been doing so good, what's one treat?" But logically I knew that was so wrong. At work there were blueberry scones, tea cakes, and someone brought in leftover wedding cake that smelled sooooooo good! It smelled like pure sugar. haha

I was good, though :)

breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs and sausage in ghee

lunch - shoulder beef roast with carrots, grapes

dinner - turkey burger (1 1/2), kale, kombucha

No snacking, I've pretty much cut out nuts except on salad and I really only have fruit for lunch. I'm so glad I've been keeping up on these forums so I could catch myself starting to eat too many nuts.

Day 24

Good day today. Felt sleepy again and took a short nap, but still got my workout in and did well eating. No snacks, no nuts and wasn't really hungry between meals. Just a little before lunch but that's because I woke up late and had a smaller, rushed breakfast.

Almost there, though!

breakfast - hard boiled egg, turkey burger

lunch - roast with carrots and onions, grapes, kombucha

dinner - spaghetti squash with meat sauce

exercise - 30 minutes elliptical, Chalean DVD burn circuit. practically breezed through the elliptical - felt great!

Day 25

Getting so close! I've been joking that on midnight Tuesday, I'm going to open a beer. haha

Five more days . . . five more days . . . not to jump back into unhealthy foods, but to say I did it! This is the longest I've ever stuck to something like this.

breakfast - scrambled egg with sausage, half avocado

lunch - roast with carrots and onions, grapes

dinner - spaghetti squash with meat sauce, kombucha

exercise - 45 minute Chalean Burn Intervals. I think I might actually be recovering a little faster after the intervals. Also mowed grass immediately after exercise. *Whew!*

I've basically given up nuts and snacking. I like to have grapes with my lunch, but I think that's fine. I might get some more pineapple for weekend breakfasts. I like a break from eggs once in awhile.

Really not having cravings, either.

Leaving for Mexico a week from tomorrow. Really really worried about caving and eating pizza. I'm going to try so hard to stay away from grains, though.

Day 26

Good day. A little hungry by the time I got dinner, but I think that may be because I was out of grapes and they didn't have any on the cafeteria, so I didn't get as big of a lunch as I'm used to.

After work, when I was driving around, I smelled McDonald's, and it smelled sooooo good. I kept thinking how good a cheeseburger and small fries would be. And I even thought how I've done so well, would it really kill me. But I knew I wasn't going to actually stop and get it. It just smelled so good.

I'm passing up the opportunity to go up to Chicago tomorrow (about 4 hours away) and visit a friend and see her play in her new band. I'm just too close and I would definitely drink and probably eat bad stuff. There will be more shows, I hope...

breakfast -3 slices bacon and 2 eggs

lunch - turkey burger, mayo, salad with raspberries, walnuts, oil and raspberry vinegar

dinner - sirloin steaf (really good!), asparagus, cumin roasted carrots, kombucha

No exercise today. Sore from exercise/mowing lawn yesterday.

4 more days!

Day 27

Good day, but I really need to do a cookathon tomorrow. Getting lazy. I'm leaving for vacation Thursday night, so there's no reason I can't plan my meals through then. My dinner wasn't great tonight because I didn't plan. Don't want to lose all the good habits I'm starting!

breakfast - blt's. 6 slices bacon wrapped in lettuce leaves with tomatoes (from the garden!) and wholly guacamole

lunch - steak, salad with spring mix, blueberries, walnuts and oil and vinegar, grapes

dinner - turkey burger, sweet potato with ghee

exericise - bike (leisurely) 30 minutes, Chalean Burn Circuit 3 DVD

Archived