TLaposi Whole30 Log

TLaposi

So today was my start date!  Yeah!  Im on a journey of health and wellness.  My goal is to be pain free.  I currently suffer from arthritist in all my joints.  Im only 42, so this is just uncalled for.  I have hurt so bad that I couldnt even use my left leg first to walk up stairs with out being in pain.  Weightloss will be a bouns.  I really liked the saying that this isnt hard, dealing with cancer is hard, quitting a drug addiction is hard...saying no to pie at Christmas...thats not that hard.  I can do this!  Thank you for listening and I will post my meals at the end of each day along with how I feel that day.  I really think this log will help, so if you have something positive to encourage me, please leave me a message.  God Bless!

End of first day and I had a small challenge. I got upset with my daughter tonight and was overwhelmed with cravings for fried foods or ice cream. I did not give in! However I did eat more sunflower seeds and pistachios than I was suppost too but I did only eat qualified foods.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with red and yellow peppers, with 1/4 of avacodo and black coffee.

LUNCH: chicken salad with spinach peppers, avacodo, tomatoes and cucumbers

SNACK: sunflower seeds and pistachios

DINNER: chicken salad with an egg olives tomatoes and avacodo.

After getting upset I needed to eat right away and didnt take the time to cook something different. I survived day 1 and hope I am more organized tomorrow.

Getting upset, is an emotion. I learned on whole30 to recognize it was ok to have those emotions, and NOT to reach for food when those emotions overtook me. I went for a walk, went back to ISWF for inspiration, or when I thought I had to eat something, whether I was hungry enough for a full meal as they say in the book. Better planning is good, but the plan could also be not to resort to food when upset. Whole30 is about changing your relationship to food, right?

TLaposi...I am sorry to hear you had an argument with your daughter yesterday.  Hopefully you two mended things!  I know my hubby is always chastising me for bottling things up and resorting to food to deal with stress instead of talking it through with him.  Do you have anyone that you can call or talk to when you have a rough day or a food craving?

How did Day 2 go? 

We did mend things quickly I was just amazed at how strong the desires to eat junk food were.  Yesterday was a good day, didnt have any strong cravings.  Today, I went to work and I noticed that I had cravings during my down times...I wanted to snack on things.  However I stuck with it and only had the lunch I brought with me.  I got busy last night and didnt get on the computer to post my meals so I will get caught up now.

12/13/14 Meals

Breakfast:  hard boiled egg, fried sweet potatoe hash browns, black coffee

Lunch:  Chicken Fajita salad with green peppers, onions, avacodo, olives and tomatoes

Dinner:  Sweet potatoe hash with ground angus burger, onions, green peppers, sweet potatoes

12/14/14 Meals

Breakfast:  Chicken Fajita Omlete with avacodo

snack:  pecans

Lunch: Chicken Fajita salad with  green peppers, onions, avacodo, olives and tomatoes

snack:  Pistachios

Dinner:  Home made Chicken and Chilli soup with frozen mixed veggies, potatoes, carrots and chillis

What Ive done to help make meals easier especially when I work 12 hr shifts...is I cook extra.  I made alot of chicken fajitas and used it for lunch and a breakfast omelete, which I made at the same time.  I made dinner, packed my lunch for the next day, and made my breakfast for today all at the same time...it was nice to just grab my food and head to work.  I havent had alot of money so buying food has been a challenge, Ive been managing with what I have on hand for now.

It's amazing how expensive it is to eat healthy foods!  Last time I was at the grocery store, I compared the price of two items (forget what they were)...they were the same item, same package size, the only difference was one was processed and one was not.  And the one that was processed cost less than the one that hadn't been processed!  I recall making a comment to my husband how strange it is that something they never had to do anything to is more expensive than something they had to process.  I'm starting to think it's a conspiracy!

I have started making too much for one meal, too...I make enough for a few meals, eat it for two and then freeze the rest. Been working well...Getting a nice stockpile of meals in the freezer!

Day 4

Breakfast: banana and pecans

Lunch: bowel of chicken chilli soup

Dinner: chicken fajitas omlete

Snack: raspberries

Supper: sweet potato hash with burger green peppers and onions.

I found today when I was bored watching TV I really wanted to snack...instead I made myself get busy decorating for Christmas. Feeling really tired today.

Day 5

Today was my day off and I was a little bit lazy today and wasnt prepared with food cause I had to go shopping.  I made a taco omlete for breakfast but didnt have much here for lunch and being lazy I didnt get out of the house till almost 2pm.  So I ended up snacking on pecans and a banana  when I got home I was pretty hungry and snacked some more on veggies and a few more pecans.  I know this is doing my body good, buy honestly I dont feel any differant yet.  My joints still hurt and i still feel tired.  Im hoping next week will be a turning point for me.  I had a turkey smoked for Christmas and it probably isnt compliant Im not really sure?  I plan on eating it but everything else will be within the rules.  Sweet potatoes are my best friend too...I just love the hash and I fried the white sweet potates like hash browns and they were amazing.  Tonight I made meatballs and spaghetti sauce.  My meatballs had NO bread crumbs or flour but was full of veggies peppers, mushrooms, onions, fresh oragano and basil, I also chopped spinach and put in them too.  I used a mix of turkey burger and angus burger.  My sauce was also loaded with veggies and instead of pasta I used zuchinii.  I really want that tool for zoodles, hoping santa brings it for me. :)

Thanks for checking in me. I'm doing good staying on track today is Day 11. I posted a few more times but I'm looking on my news feed and don't see my last posts? I'm being computer challenged right now...I have no WI-FI at home and I don't have that much data on my phone so I'm limited to my usage at the moment. Been kinda a rough couple days my best friend just lost her mother to cancer and I've been helping her as much as possible. I found myself in town running around and wasn't prepared food wise. All I really wanted was a piece of grilled chicken because I did bring some fruit with me...for the life of me I couldn't find a piece that didn't have have BBQ sauce on it...frustrating...I ended up just eating the fruit and waited till I was home to cook something. I cheated and weighed myself I couldnt stand it...lost 6 lbs...but was reading in the book that the first week its not really fat your losing more water and toxins. Looking forward to the next two weeks and praying I have some pain relief. So here is today's meals so far.

Breakfast: fruit salad with mixed berries, banana, and half an apple with walnuts. Coffee black

Lunch: grilled chicken, green beans, small amount mash potatoes.

Snack: mixed nuts!

Day 12 Christmas eve

Breakfast: sasauge omlete with green pepper & onion

Lunch: burger patty with lettuce, tomato & onion, banana

Dinner: attempted onion rings (they didn't turn out any advice on how to make these compliant) coconut chicken broccoli and cucumbers & tomatoes

Day 13 Christmas Day

Breakfast: sausage omlete with pepper & onions

Lunch: deviled eggs (made homemade mayo, delish) cucumbers and ranch, banana

Dinner: turkey, mashed potatoes (used ghee and poured in some of my ranch) sweet potatoes with coconut oil and cinnamon, green beans & brussle sprouts with grilled onions and slivered almonds, deviled eggs olives

Snack deviled eggs more turkey.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk if anyone is still reading this but I've had a hard time keeping up with daily posts. I have stuck with the whole 30 and I have 3 days left. Hasn't been too hard except for this last week. I think because I'm almost done I keep thinking about ice cream, cottage cheese, and bread. I really want a coffee with all the fluff, but that's 2 dairy and sugar. I guess I will introduce sugar first, then dairy cause I can get my coffee with coconut milk instead. Heard some scary things when people reintroduced dairy, hoping I don't have that extreme of a reaction I miss ice cream and cottage cheese bad. Well I won't bore you with my food posts since I've missed so many days anyway. :)

Archived