Starting this week!!!! Whole Family....ideas for my sons?

jrmminga

My husband and I are both very excited about starting Whole30 and finding out what foods have triggered our inflammation, allergies, etc.  I am hoping to have my two sons (11 & 9) on board as well, but I worry about them not having dairy.  Any thoughts?  My oldest has terrible allergies so I know he would benefit!  Anyone else bringing the whole family on board?

Same boat as you! our entire family is doing it- daughter 14, son 11 and son 3.  I am going to do all we can at home to get them on clean eating- we did a huge cleanse of the house, pantry & refrigerator this weekend. I am so ready for this! and so is my husband which helps. 

I am going to talk to my sons pedi on dairy- he is only 3 and is tiny with little body fat, I may let him do organic whole milk- but we removed all cheeses, yogurts, cereals etc. Still undecided though...   this morning he ate eggs, peppers, mushrooms, and a banana with us :)

• Moderators

Moving this discussion to the Whole30 for Kids section (which you might want to look through for other discussions on families doing a W30 with kids). 

As for dairy, ultimately what you feed your kids is your decision, and certainly you should consult your pediatrician about it, but here is a summary of W30's reasoning on why dairy is not allowed on a W30. (Again, your kids, your decision. Just thought you might be interested in the whys behind it. There's more about it in It Starts With Food as well.)

As for anyone needing to not lose weight, or even to gain it, here's some recommendations about that, maybe you'll find some helpful tips there.

Archived