FAVORITE COMPLIANT RECIPE

CMB27549

3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks

1 lg head cauliflower

1/2 c extra virgin olive oil

6 leaves fresh sage

2 small garlic cloves, crushed

1/4 c almond milk (room temperature)

In 8 qt. pot, cover potatoes with 1" cold water and salt (1-3 Tbsp). Partially cover and heat to simmering on high. Remove cover and add cauliflower. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 min or until vegetables are very tender but not falling apart.

Meanwhile in 1 qt. saucepan, heat oil on med-low. Add sage and garlic, stirring occasionally Cook 4-5 min or until garlic is golden. Remove from heat. Remove and discard sage leaves.

Drain vegetables well, return to pot. Add oil mixture and almond milk and 1/4 tsp salt and mash. (you can use a food processor to purée, but I like mine hand mashed so it's still slightly chunky). Freezes well!!

I just love meatballs

We really don’t miss pasta when we see a plate full of tasty meatballs in front of us. Especially covered with a rich Italian tomato sauce.

Ingredients

500 grams (1.1lbs) of grass fed beef mince

1 small carrot

1 small onion

1 garlic clove

4 button mushrooms

1/4 of a sweet potato

Hand full of baby spinach leaves

1 tender celery stalk

Parsley

1 egg

1/2 cup Parmesan (avoid if on whole30) optional

1/2 cup of almond meal mixed with salt, pepper and 2 Tbls water plus spices of your choice

750mls of Tomato Passata. (Sugar free)

Garlic crushed

Olive oil

Salt

Method

In a hand blender I added the carrot, onion, garlic, mushrooms, sweet potato, spinach, celery and parsley and pulsed it to chop up all ingredients finely.

Add the beef, egg, chopped ingredients to a large bowl. Mix altogether with the almond meal mixture and Parmesan(optional).

Roll mince into meatballs with hands and lay on a tray or you can fry them straight away to seal them, not fully cooking them. I cooked them for 10 min in an 180 degrees (356F) oven to keep their shape. Set aside.

In a sauce pan heat oil and garlic then add the tomato passata. I always add a little water to the bottle to get out all the passata and add it to the pan.

Add the browned meatballs to the pan once sauce starts to simmer. Bring heat to low and cover. Stir once in a while and cook for 1 hour or until sauce thickens. If using shop brought sauce it may cook for a shorter time.

You should end up with moist meatballs in a thick tasty sauce.

• Moderators

So hard to choose!

Roasted spaghetti squash, ground meat, garlic and tomato sauce with sautéed spinach is probably my ultimate favorite meal.

Velvety Butternut Squash from Well Fed cookbook is my favorite recipe. Pair with some meat and/or eggs. All my friends beg for me to bring this to potlucks!

Link to recipe: http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/11/17/velvety-butternut-squash/

Asian inspired chicken slaw --- great for lunches, can make ahead in larger quantities for several days.

just mix all together

• chicken breast or chicken sausage
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 1/2 c. shredded carrot
  • 1 c. shredded cabbage
  • 1 Tbs. chopped cashews
  • 1/4 cup oranges
  • 1 Tbs. coconut aminos
  • 1 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
  • 1/2 Tbs. sesame oil
  • cilantro

3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks

1 lg head cauliflower

1/2 c extra virgin olive oil

6 leaves fresh sage

2 small garlic cloves, crushed

1/4 c almond milk (room temperature)

In 8 qt. pot, cover potatoes with 1" cold water and salt (1-3 Tbsp). Partially cover and heat to simmering on high. Remove cover and add cauliflower. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 min or until vegetables are very tender but not falling apart.

Meanwhile in 1 qt. saucepan, heat oil on med-low. Add sage and garlic, stirring occasionally Cook 4-5 min or until garlic is golden. Remove from heat. Remove and discard sage leaves.

Drain vegetables well, return to pot. Add oil mixture and almond milk and 1/4 tsp salt and mash. (you can use a food processor to purée, but I like mine hand mashed so it's still slightly chunky). Freezes well!!

Angela S, I just made this.  So good with roast beef.  Thanks for the recipe

Archived