Chocoholic, back for more!

Chocoholic382

This evening got crazy. Dinner ended up being cold pulled pork, a deviled egg and a baked sweet potato because it was the easiest combo I could find. I must be having another ovarian cyst because that familiar pain has had me in bed all evening. Worse when I stand, just like last time. Sigh. This too shall pass.

Sorry to hear about your work crap.  Must be a wonderful guy you have - as far as I know, we don't have any chocolate bars in town.  I think the aroma alone might overpower me once I got close to one.  Good plan for work - sometimes what looks like a crappy thing turns out to be the best thing that ever happened.  I've experienced that a couple times so far.

Sorry to hear about your work crap.  Must be a wonderful guy you have - as far as I know, we don't have any chocolate bars in town.  I think the aroma alone might overpower me once I got close to one.  Good plan for work - sometimes what looks like a crappy thing turns out to be the best thing that ever happened.  I've experienced that a couple times so far.

Thanks, ChiggerCane! I have a meeting scheduled with my department head's new boss today, who has very subtly put the word out that she's open to discussing any "concerns" we have about the department. I waited until someone else on my team went to talk to her first, and he says it went great, she was discreet, and that she wants more people to come to her. So, seems like there's no better time than the present! I'm keeping my expectations low and I intend to keep it strictly professional, but I feel good about at least speaking up.

• Moderators

So glad you're taking this in stride, being proactive, and not letting it derail your health goals! I don't know about you, but I find that W30 actually helps me manage this kind of stress. I got some really shitty news in several areas of my life over the past two days and my reaction is, "Well, that totally sucks. And now I'm going to deal with it the best I can. Which means first and foremost taking care of myself."

Talk about progress.

So glad you're taking this in stride, being proactive, and not letting it derail your health goals! I don't know about you, but I find that W30 actually helps me manage this kind of stress. I got some really shitty news in several areas of my life over the past two days and my reaction is, "Well, that totally sucks. And now I'm going to deal with it the best I can. Which means first and foremost taking care of myself."

Talk about progress.

It's great stuff, knowing you're up for dealing with whatever comes your way. Sorry to hear about your shitty news but I'm glad to hear it's not more than you're up for. Keep on keepin' on, as a wise woman recently told me.

Day 14

Today is a good day. The meeting with my department head's new boss went really, really well. She was shocked, sympathetic, sorry and determined to figure out a way to make things better for me. Still trying to manage my expectations, but it could have gone much, much worse. If nothing else, it was really nice to have someone in a position of authority listen and care about what's happening.

Physically I feel decent as well. I slept a lot yesterday (courtesy of the pelvic pain) and had decent energy today as a result. I got more done this morning than I had over my last couple distracted days. I have been particularly hungry the past two days. I finished a pretty heavy lunch at 12:45 today and now, at 3:45, my stomach is growling. Yesterday was the same. Could it be the impending period making me want more food?

M1: pulled pork + roasted turnips & broccoli

M2: chili + steamed broccoli + orange

M3: egg & veggie scramble + [depends on how hungry I am this evening]

I am so excited that tomorrow is Friday and the weather will be bearable this weekend! Hope everyone has a great one.

Day 15

It's Friday! What could be better? I feel prepared for the Whole30-challenging combo of weekend and "that time" with a little extra fruit, a couple small sweet potatoes, my favorite flavor of seltzer water, and several 1-dish meal options ready to pop into the microwave. I'm also going to try my hand at tostones, which I snagged from a fellow W30 logger just this morning. I turned down a day trip to Kansas City since we learned last weekend that the hunt for food just stresses me out and instead I planned a short hike at a new place, to take advantage of the relatively awesome weather coming up. The guy is also on standby for a cancellation in case I need to hang out on the couch with my heating pad, a good book (The Alchemist), my favorite candle and some of my newly acquired tea. Battle stations are ready! There will be no melt downs!

I'm feeling pretty happy this morning. Just in a good mood. I'm thankful that even on the eve of my period, my face looks better than it did 2 weeks ago. I'm thankful for the good sleep I got last night. I'm halfway through this thing and even though it's hard to break the old mental habit of counting down until I can have certain foods again, I'm at least offsetting it by paying more attention to how I feel and appreciating the good. My cravings for wine, chocolate and cheese are still hanging around--especially in the evenings--but they're not derailing me.

M1: 2 bora bora fireballs + pulled pork + sauteed mixed veggies

M2: chicken chile verde + roasted bell pepper

M3: TBD

So it happened. Round 4 and I finally stumbled. I was prepared for the weekend, but I was not prepared for a nasty bout of flu combined with nasty cramps. I'm not gonna beat myself up too hard about it, because it was miserable and I needed to eat SOMETHING, even if it was crackers. Ah well, you all know I'll be back!

• 1 month later...

Archived