Whole30.2

GlennR

Jan. 18, 2015 - DAY SEVENTEEN

Breakfast: 2 frittata slices (Andouille sausage, red and green cabbage, potatoes, eggs, coconut milk), sweet potato and kale hash, 2/3 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Sirloin steak, roasted Brussels sprouts with pork bits, roasted vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini), small handful of mac nuts

Dinner: Bistek Tagalog (strips of beef, onion rings, potato slices), 1 small apple

EDIT: Add green tea in the evening

Jan. 19, 2015 - DAY EIGHTEEN

Breakfast: 2 longanisa (pork sausages), 2 scrambled eggs, atchara (pickled green papaya, carrots, red pepper, pineapple, etc.), 2/3 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Embotido (pork meatloaf), roasted Brussels sprouts with pork bits, roasted vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini), cup of coffee

Dinner: Roasted chicken quarter, roasted garlicky broccoli, crispy taro shoestring fries, 1/2 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk

Jan. 20, 2015 - DAY NINETEEN

Breakfast: 2 longanisa (pork sausages), 2 scrambled eggs, atchara (pickled green papaya, carrots, red pepper, pineapple, etc.), 2/3 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Embotido (pork meatloaf), roasted garlicky broccoli, steamed carrot sticks, 1 small apple

Afternoon: Green tea

Dinner: Bistek Tagalog (strips of beef, onion rings, potato slices), handful of mac nuts

Jan. 21, 2015 - DAY TWENTY

Breakfast: 2 frittata slices (Andouille sausage, red and green cabbage, potatoes, eggs, coconut milk), bowl of guinataang halo-halo (yellow sweet potato, taro, sweet plantain, and jackfruit cooked in coconut milk), mug of coffee

Lunch: Roasted chicken quarter with gravy, roasted garlicky broccoli

Dinner: Embotido (pork meatloaf), roasted green beans, pan-fried potatoes, 1/2 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk

Jan. 22, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-ONE

Breakfast: 2 frittata slices (Andouille sausage, red and green cabbage, potatoes, eggs, coconut milk), bowl of guinataang halo-halo (yellow sweet potato, taro, sweet plantain, and jackfruit cooked in coconut milk), mug of coffee

Lunch: Embotido (pork meatloaf), roasted green beans, pan-fried potatoes

Dinner: Chicken with gravy, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, 1/2 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk

Jan. 23, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-TWO

Breakfast: 2 frittata slices (Andouille sausage, red and green cabbage, potatoes, eggs, coconut milk), bowl of guinataang halo-halo (yellow sweet potato, taro, sweet plantain, and jackfruit cooked in coconut milk), mug of coffee

Lunch: Chicken, asparagus, and leek soup with coconut milk

Dinner: 2 lamb loin chops, roasted green beans, crispy taro shoestring fries, 2/3 cup of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk

Jan. 24, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-THREE

Breakfast: Crispy kalua pig omelette (2 eggs), bowl of guinataang halo-halo (yellow sweet potato, taro, sweet plantain, and jackfruit cooked in coconut milk), mug of coffee

Lunch: Chicken, asparagus, and leek soup with coconut milk; leftover Bistek Tagalog (strips of beef, onion rings, potato slices -- about half my usual portions)

Dinner: 2 lamb loin chops, roasted green beans, steamed carrots, handful of mac nuts, 2/3 cup of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk

Making ghee for the first time. Trying the slow cooker route. It's taking a long time, probably because my slow cooker is a bit underpowered.

Jan. 25, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-FOUR

Breakfast: Crispy kalua pig omelette (2 eggs), sweet potato and kale hash, 3/4 cup of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Big bowl of salad (strips of chicken tenders, leafy greens, shredded broccoli stalks and carrots, and pecan pieces with balsamic dressing), cup of coffee

Afternoon: A few bites of mango (tasting for sweetness as I prepared a mango avocado salsa)

Dinner: "Arroz a la cubana" (ground beef, minced onions, cubed potatoes and carrots, diced red bell peppers, and raisins, topped with a fried egg, with slices of fried sweet plantain on the side)

Jan. 26, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-FIVE

Breakfast: Crispy kalua pig omelette (2 eggs), sweet potato and kale hash, 2/3 cup of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: "Arroz a la cubana" (ground beef, minced onions, cubed potatoes and carrots, diced red bell peppers, and raisins, topped with a fried egg, with slices of fried sweet plantain on the side)

Dinner: Salmon with mango avocado salsa, roasted cauliflower, handful of mac nuts

Jan. 27, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-SIX

Breakfast: Crispy kalua pig omelette (2 eggs), sweet potato and kale hash, 3/4 cup of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Salmon with mango avocado salsa, roasted cauliflower

Dinner: "Arroz a la cubana" (ground beef, minced onions, cubed potatoes and carrots, diced red bell peppers, and raisins, topped with 2 fried eggs, with slices of fried sweet plantain on the side) -- bigger than usual portions since I was hungry tonight

Jan. 28, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-SEVEN

Breakfast: 4 Pizza sausage and egg muffins * (Andouille sausages, eggs, green bell pepper, mushrooms, red onions, green olives, and coconut milk), breakfast potatoes, 1/2 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Big bowl of salad (strips of chicken tenders, leafy greens, cilantro, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, diced red bell pepper, and pecan pieces with mango avocado salsa), cup of coffee

Dinner: "Arroz a la cubana" (ground beef, minced onions, cubed potatoes and carrots, diced red bell peppers, and raisins, topped with a fried egg, with slices of fried sweet plantain on the side)

* adapted from Stupid Easy Paleo

EDIT: Got hungry later in the evening, so had two more Pizza sausage and egg muffins

Jan. 29, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-EIGHT

Breakfast: Crispy kalua pig omelette (2 eggs), sweet potato and kale hash, 2/3 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Big bowl of salad (strips of chicken tenders, leafy greens, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, and diced red bell pepper with balsamic dressing)

Dinner: "Arroz a la cubana" (ground beef, minced onions, cubed potatoes and carrots, diced red bell peppers, and raisins, topped with 2 fried eggs, with slices of fried plantain on the side)

Jan. 30, 2015 - DAY TWENTY-NINE

Breakfast: 3 Pizza sausage and egg muffins (Andouille sausages, eggs, green bell pepper, mushrooms, red onions, green olives, and coconut milk), 1 small purple yam, 1/2 cup of raspberries and blueberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Big bowl of salad (strips of chicken tenders, spinach, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, diced red bell pepper, and pecan pieces with balsamic dressing)

Dinner: Tapa (fried strips of cured beef), roasted cauliflower, fried plantain (about 1/2 a plantain; part of it had gone bad -- I hate it when that happens)

One more day!  Wish you the best!! 

I remember we did (one of my other) Whole30's simultaneously as well.  Your blog is nice, and your food looks wonderful!  Great to "see" you this January again :)

~Kariann (formerly KariannB here in the forum). 

Thanks! Good to "see" you, too!

Jan. 31, 2015 - DAY THIRTY

Breakfast: 3 Pizza sausage and egg muffins (Andouille sausages, eggs, green bell pepper, mushrooms, red onions, green olives, and coconut milk), 1 small purple yam, 1 small apple, mug of coffee

Lunch: Handful of mac nuts while making lunch; tapa (fried strips of cured beef), 2 scrambled eggs, red beet and cabbage sauerkraut, raw carrot sticks, cup of coffee

Dinner: 2 bratwursts with dijon mustard, sauerkraut, roasted cauliflower, fried plantain

And done.

This was a pretty sedate second Whole30. The one surprise was that I was often hungrier than when I did my first one -- and when I was eating Whole30 almost exclusively the past 8-9 months. Don't know what it was; I rarely find myself hungry between meals or late at night. But this time, I had to adjust several times by upping my fat and portions and giving in to snacking now and then. (Maybe I've actually been hungry all this time, but the mindfulness required by this second Whole30 just made me aware of it. Seems doubtful, but possible.)

Anyway, I think I will do an official reintro this time, but the slow version. I'll go on with Whole30 (which is my default at this point), but when I do go offroading, I'll make sure that it's one food group at a time -- and note my reactions (in my post-Whole30 log).

End of log.

• 2 weeks later...

Jan. 31, 2015 - DAY THIRTY

Breakfast: 3 Pizza sausage and egg muffins (Andouille sausages, eggs, green bell pepper, mushrooms, red onions, green olives, and coconut milk), 1 small purple yam, 1 small apple, mug of coffee

Lunch: Handful of mac nuts while making lunch; tapa (fried strips of cured beef), 2 scrambled eggs, red beet and cabbage sauerkraut, raw carrot sticks, cup of coffee

Dinner: 2 bratwursts with dijon mustard, sauerkraut, roasted cauliflower, fried plantain

And done.

This was a pretty sedate second Whole30. The one surprise was that I was often hungrier than when I did my first one -- and when I was eating Whole30 almost exclusively the past 8-9 months. Don't know what it was; I rarely find myself hungry between meals or late at night. But this time, I had to adjust several times by upping my fat and portions and giving in to snacking now and then. (Maybe I've actually been hungry all this time, but the mindfulness required by this second Whole30 just made me aware of it. Seems doubtful, but possible.)

Anyway, I think I will do an official reintro this time, but the slow version. I'll go on with Whole30 (which is my default at this point), but when I do go offroading, I'll make sure that it's one food group at a time -- and note my reactions (in my post-Whole30 log).

End of log.

“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
Maya Angelou

Archived