Travel to Race

JessXU00

Hi all,

I'm on Day 6 of my Whole30 and starting to get a little anxious about a race I have next weekend (which will be my Days 12 and 13).  It's a sprint triathlon that's about two hours away, so I'm going to stay in a hotel that's close to the race site the night before.

I'm struggling to think about what I can bring with me for a pre-race dinner the night before.  I guess I can bring a cooler that should keep cold, but I won't have a microwave to warm anything up.  I'll stick to my normal protocol for my pre-race and post-race nutrition, and if I think I need anything during the event I'll pack some dates or lara bars.  I actually got a few packets of baby food from Whole Foods this weekend, as I was thinking of trying it out.

Any ideas?  I'm meeting some friends at the race, but I think I'll be on my own for dinner (which makes life a bit easier!).

Many thanks in advance for your input!

Jessica

If you're going to bring a cooler I would bake some sweet potatoes and take them. Cold chicken or cold turkey I always find delicious. For an easy fat you can bring olives, nuts, avocado. I would also pack raw chopped vegetables- cucumbers, carrots, celery, tomatoes etc. I would pack more food than you think you might need so you're not stuck and hungry. At the hotel you can probably make sure there's a refrigerator in the room, so even if you don't eat everything it won't go bad. Good luck!

These are great ideas.  Thanks so much!  I'll probably prep some food to bring with me, and I just read in my confirmation that I think I do have a fridge in my room.  

I'm looking forward to staying compliant while racing.  I have a half marathon on the 25th which will be towards the very end of my Whole30, too.  That one is local, so won't be as much of a travel pain as this one is.

Archived