Suggestions: Little to no prior exercise.

Any suggestions, other than walking? I can't afford the gym at the moment, it's either quality food or gym membership and I prefer quality food.

I do have a Wii that I have used on and off for exercise and I do try to walk a couple times a week, but I want to become more active and looking for suggestions for beginners that won't be overwhelming as I am sure in the beginning the Whole30 will be a tad overwhelming for me.

I am overweight and out of shape, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I begin my Whole30 in a couple weeks but I would like to start in with exercise before..

Google "tabata workout" and maybe give that a try. It's 20 seconds of exercise as fast as you can and as many reps as you can, then 10 seconds of rest x8. You can do situps, pushups, squats, burpees, jumping jacks, jumping rope, planks, flutter kicks, leg lifts, etc... You can also google for a tabata timer that will keep track of when to start, when to rest, and when you're done! Hope this helps!

I'm throwing in an edit here:

If you are new to working out though, you may want to start a little slower. Rest a little longer between sets and maybe only start with 4 sets instead of 8. Then work yourself up as you become stronger.

http://tabatatraining.org/

I'm not sure if you already do active things, but you could start by cleaning out the basement or garage or helping an elderly neighbor with hardworking. Those things that get you moving. It also have a greater focus than just working up a sweat. I find that when I'm not motivated, these activities can make all the difference.

Depending on where you live, you might be able to find Zumba classes without joining a gym. The ones I go to are <$5/class. I've been going long enough to see 3 years worth of beginner exercisers come in, puff and pant for a while, get hooked, buff up, train as instructors, etc. It may be a cult, but it's a good one.

I keep recommending this, but it is great and you only need an exercise band. Look online for ugwellness.com, go to the"store" and download the Underground Workout manual from Bret Kilka. It is an e-manual and costs $39. Check it out.

Archived