Kids birthday party

Anthony Della Rosa

Okay took my son to a birthday party that had pizza chips and cake. I ATE NONE. they had fresh vegetables so I had some raw broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes. They also had some fresh fruit and I had a serving of fresh fruit. Then on the way out I had 3 hard boiled eggs and a cup of black coffee. I feel the only missing was some fat, but honestly I didn't trust the guacomole they had there and it might have been too much to finish.

Any advice?

• Moderators

Sounds like you did great in the circumstances. Eggs have a fair amount of fat, some people don't add more on top of them unless they need it for a recipe or just for taste. You may find you're hungry sooner than you normally would be, in that case, you would know that should you have a similar meal in the future, you'd need a little more fat to help keep you satiated. I would have skipped the guac too unless I'd confirmed all the ingredients in it. It's easy to make a compliant one, but people do sometimes add salsas or seasonings that might not be.

Just to be clear, the meal template is a really strong recommendation to get the very most out of your Whole30, it's not actually part of the rules, so if you have a meal that doesn't quite meet it, you haven't ruined your Whole30 or anything.

Archived