Not feeling the veggie love lately

the-ames

I don't know what's going on, but I have had ZERO interest in veggies for the past couple of days. I eat a few, then push the plate away - and it's not the cooking, they're done in ways I've enjoyed them in the past. About the only way I can stomach (mentally) vegetables right now is in soup form, like Melissa Joulwan's ginger zucchini soup. 

It's not that I'm not hungry - I am, and I am eating protein like normal. Chicken, pork, beef, etc. Just everything vegetable is so unappetizing and meh.

I don't remember this happening on my previous W30. What is the deal? Anyone else? (I'm on Day 12, fwiw.)

This is not an uncommon feeling. This often happens to me when I am serving the vegetable as a side rather than mixed in with the fat and protein. What helps me is to make a veggie based soup, as you mentioned is helpful, marina sauce with extra veg mixed in or served over spaghetti squash or zoodles; curries; ground beef or scrambled eggs sauteed with a variety of veggies. It is also helpful, in these instances, to chop the veg up into smaller than normal pieces.

Everyone's Whole 30 is different and every Whole 30 one does is different. I'm sure it is a passing phase, just do the best you can and you will come out on the other side.

I feel like that, but only for breakfast! I'm on day 10 and I don't want to eat the sweet potato mash i made at all. I ate two hard boiled eggs and a handful of nuts. And I'm full!  Is that an ok breakfast to have? 

I feel like that, but only for breakfast! I'm on day 10 and I don't want to eat the sweet potato mash i made at all. I ate two hard boiled eggs and a handful of nuts. And I'm full!  Is that an ok breakfast to have? 

It is a compliant first meal but it doesn't meet the recommendations we have set forth for a complete meal. If you are having issues eating a full template meal within an hour of waking I would recommend plating one and trying to eat from each of the groups and then eating the leftovers later if you can't finish it. Eventually your body will adjust. For most of us getting over the not wanting to eat vegetables in the AM requires retraining the body by doing just that. 

Archived