Just started today Jan 14

lizzieforce

Just introducing myself as per the suggestion. Today is Day 1 for me! Of course I want to lose weight and change my relationship with food & habits, but I'm also hoping this program helps with my sleep, which has been awful for the past six months or so. Appreciate the support available here!

I started this journey by myself (Today is day 8) with not knowing anything.  I did read the book ISWF over Christmas break and I learned a lot from it.  Also, when you have time, read the posts.  You'll get tons of ideas and it answers questions you didn't even know you would have.  I can't stress enough to plan, plan, plan! and if you can do as much meal prep as possible on the weekend.  That will really make getting through the work week a lot easier.  Good luck!!

Hey there! I'm on day one as well - first ever Whole30! I did a good amount of meal prep over the last few days, so I've enjoyed my tasty meals so far today. There's another "hot" thread of people starting Jan. 15, so I posted in there as well (since we're pretty much on the same schedule).

Sounds like we have similar goals. I'm very curious to see how my energy levels will adapt, as well. Good luck to you!

• Administrators

Just introducing myself as per the suggestion. Today is Day 1 for me! Of course I want to lose weight and change my relationship with food & habits, but I'm also hoping this program helps with my sleep, which has been awful for the past six months or so. Appreciate the support available here!

Hi Lizzie!  Sleep improvement is a huge goal for lots of people so you are certainly not alone there!  There are things that you can do as you go along to help improve your sleep even more.  I've linked two articles below that are related to sleep hygiene and are an excellent start!  Peruse the forum (use google and search Whole30 sleep) for lots of threads about how people are correcting their sleep with Whole30.

http://whole9life.com/2014/09/improve-your-sleep/

http://whole9life.com/2014/09/improve-sleep-quality/

Archived