Starting Sun Jan 25

V_Craver

Hey everyone,

I too started today! Been excited to give this a go for a while and have seen my co-workers experience some pretty great changes in their bodies and their emotional state. 

My goals for the next 30 days is to kick this dang sugar habit and sweet tooth. I would also like to tone up and lose weight that doesn't seem to want to leave my mid section (Spare tire).

Looking forward to this challenge Lets do it together!

Rob

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

I'm on day 3 now and finding it really do-able so far. As lots of you have recommended, I'm eating protein and veggies at every single meal/snack.

I have high energy requirements (I do a lot of exercise and movement) and a long commute so yesterday my kitchen saw a lot of batch cooking to see me through the next few days...

What are you most looking forward to eating today? I bought some beautiful fresh salmon steaks yesterday and we're having them tonight with my favourite - spinach!

Alex x

Having Salmon tonight too. Going to do broiled Salmon with cherry tomatoes & asparagus. I had a stuffed sweet potato with ground chuck, zucchini & spinach for breakfast. Sounds heavy but it followed a heavy lifting session this morning. Day 1 is starting out great.

Good luck this week!

Day 2...good day.

Also...last night...stayed up about an hour later than normal...just did not get sleepy.

Egg frittata with peppers and kiwi on the side for breakfast....spring mix salad with veggies, dressed with balsamic and olive oil along with John Soules fajita beef for lunch....bratwurst (not the best choice I am sure), homemade tomato soup and broccoli cabbage slaw...for dinner. All really easy and yum. Still missing my wine...the herbal tea just isn't the same:).

The weekdays are going to be a piece of cake compared to the weekend. What about pizza Fridays? Oh well...we will just have to chage that up.

How about butter...I see the allowable choices...any place to purchase those that you know of?

All the best everyone! Deb

Ok Christina...after reading your suggestion about clarified butter...Trader Joe's not terribly convenient for me although I love it...went to Amazon and voila...there it was...free delivery with my prime membership!

i also love that we're 10% done!! sounds a lot better than "we have 27 days left." haha! great optimism, @CKummer15. 

i am so bloated from too many brussels sprouts, i could pop! other than that i feel fine.

my family has been "celebrating" the blizzard with brownies, meatballs, pizza, and champagne. SO SAD. but i've been 100% focused!

Deb, it tastes slightly nutty - really delicious. Have you tried it yet?

Well done on your progress guys. Day 5 for me today (I'm thinking 6th of the way there rather than 25 more to go!) and feeling mostly good but woke up extremely fatigued. I've given myself some extra carbs this morning and feel better now but was so exhausted earlier I had to sit down to make breakfast...! 

Brussel sprouts - oh how I love them but have the same problem. I find that if i part-boil them and then roast them it makes them more digestible. How have you been preparing them? 

Looks like everyone is doing well so far. Day 3 went off without a hitch for me yesterday with breakfast casserole for breakfast, Italian Pork Roadt with veggies for lunch and Chocolate Chili for dinner. I was just so busy didn't get to post.

Stopped by whole foods picked up some Seasnax.... For just in case moments. Those things are awesome. Also got a pack of unfurled no sugar bacon for that bacon fix. And planning on doing a baked pear and bacon appetizer during a super Bowl among other things. Also got some Ghee that stuff is awesome!!

Day 4 today going strong already. Hope everyone has a great day!!

I started on January 26th. it will be my second whole 30.

today i have the headache! im sure its the carb and sugar with drawl. I know they say not to drink the smoothies but the green goddess from Bolthouse Farms is fantastical. 

hopefully the headache passes after today.

good luck everyone....

it was so cold when i woke up today i just wanted hot oatmeal!!!! aauuuugggghhhhh!!

i did find some uncured no sugar bacon in the local grocery store. ill post the name of it later!!

I started on January 26 also! So far so good! The hardest thing for me is I am fighting a cold and have not been sleeping well since I have been up coughing. I had a big bowl of chicken veggie soup with homemade stock this morning so I'm feeling better already! Have a great day everyone! 

Archived