Higgles February W30

Higgles

For those that are checking in on my log, hello, and please feel free to make suggestions to make my whole 30 as successful as possible.

I've been an on and off dieter since probably the 6th grade. A year ago I did a juicing "reboot" and turned vegetarian. In the beginning I had great success, but making interesting healthy vegetarian meals along with a meal for my meat-eater husband turned into too much work and I began eating more convenience food and derailed all my efforts. I gained back all of the weight I lost and I'm just as heavy as I've always been. I have had digestive issues for as long as I can remember but never getting an actual diagnosis. I'm certain that I react poorly to quinoa, but I'm interested to see how I feel when so many other triggers are removed from my diet. I've slowly added meat back into my diet in preparation for this, and although my husband isn't doing the w30 with me, the fact that I can make one meal for the both of us will help me be more successful then if I had to do two separate meals again. 

I'm excited to be on this journey, and i'm hopeful for the positive changes that will come along. 

Day 1: 

M1- Eggs over easy with veggies sautéed in coconut oil, and a side of avocado. 

- Handful of nuts

M2: Garlic-Artichoke stuffed chicken breast with asparagus and mashed cauliflower; veggie salad with olives/avocado

I missed meal 2 because I slept in and got busy. I can see this catching up with me tomorrow. 

Nuts as a snack?

It was a snack, but technically I never had a "lunch". The weekend days are never as structured as workdays; I was planning on having leftovers from dinner the night before where I was planning on making something healthy from the farmers marker. Unfortunately it snowed all Saturday so we didn't go out and dinner wa was a disheveled mess (but it was the night before W30 so I wasn't that concerned). I think weekends are going to be my biggest issue, not because I snack a lot, but because we don't ever do formal lunches, or "meal 2'

Day 2 was pretty successful. Stayed on plan with few thoughts of straying.. I had a slight crash in the mid-afternoon but had some tea and powered on. Dinner was really late because of an evening yoga class, so I had to eat a snack as I was cooking.

M1: Egg bake with a handful of blueberries

M2: Leftovers- Garlic-Artichoke stuffed chicken breast with asparagus and mashed cauliflower; veggie salad with avocado

*pre-dinner snack: handful of olives/nuts

M3: Marinated pork chop with layered Ratatoille, garlic roasted potatoes and a salad with olives/avocado

Day 3 is complete! I didn't have a mid-afternoon crash, but I was hungry so I snacked on the cashews I brought to my office. That was a mistake and I overate. I think I need to make my meals a bit bigger.  I also realized that my tea is non-compliant as there is Stevia included so I will have to go find a new tea today.

Pw/o- Hard boiled egg

M1: Egg Bake (2 eggs with chopped veggies)

M2: Pork chop with layered ratatouille (veggies), garlic roasted potatoes, and a salad with artichoke hearts, olives and avocado

Snack: Cashews and Apple Pie Larabar (I know these are for emergencies, I caved and I'm disappointed in me too)

M3: Nomnom Paleo's Beef and broccoli with Cauliflower rice and a salad with avocado.

I don't think dinner was big enough. The recipe for the "rice" made a ton, but the beef and broccoli didn't make as much as I thought it would so there wasn't enough for two lunches or for "sauce" for the cauliflower. I would def make again though but increase the recipe.

I went for a short run in the morning (1.68 mi) and made it to power yoga at lunch.

Day 4 in the books!

Pw/o- Hard boiled egg (I only did 20 mins on the eliptical and stretched bc I was so sore from yoga)

M1: Egg Bake (2 eggs with chopped veggies)

M2: NomNomPaleo's Beef and Broccoli and cauli-rice

Snack- Cashews/apple pie and coconut cream larabar

M3: Eggplant Sharsuka

So, I didn't follow the meal plan today. Life happened and I was supposed to get a big salad with avocado for lunch... it didn't work out. Therefore I was missing veggies and fat from lunch :( I got hungry and ate the snacks. One mid-day, and one much later in the day while I was at the supermarket before dinner. Dinner had eggs instead of meat... my body is still transitioning off being a vegetarian and my stomach has not been too happy. I was too tired to make a salad, but the sharshuka itself was 3/4 of an eggplant and 2 eggs. I made it with oil but no additional fats or veggies. I wasn't even hungry after the fact still, I just wanted to go to bed. I think today I'm going to be more on plan!

Archived