Starting tomorrow morning~~excited&nervous

akd

Hi there!! My name is Adrianne and I am 21 years old.

~I have the largest sugar craving dragon throughout the land.

~I love eating healthy but I also love eating an entire roll of cookie dough. 

~I have decided to start this journey because I am hoping the combination of eliminating certain food groups will beat my intense cravings once and for all. 

~Sugar has ruled my life and I am ready to take it back. 
~I have looked up recipes all week and just got done prepping some foods. 

Excited: To hopefully wake up every morning and feel energized

Nervous: That I will  want to overeat an "allowed" paleo food in place of my normal sugar snacks. 

Good luck to you all starting tomorrow as well! I would love to hear your story and share cheap/easy recipes!

Cheers

• Administrators

Hi Adrianne,

Congrats on arriving here at Whole30. If you are truly wanting to kick a sugar dragon to the curb, when you are having the cravings or desires for "something sweet", you need to move to a protein and fat source (although beware of nuts as they can work with the sugar dragon and not against it). The only way to move a sugar dragon along is to starve it out. If you feed it fruit or dried fruit ornuts when you "need something", it has no reason to leave.

Follow the meal template and make sure you are eating enough for your own context. Being satiated and content with your meals will also go a LONG way to killing off those sugar issues.

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Hey Adrianne!

I'm starting tomorrow too!! Let me know if you want to be accountability buddies! .... I could totally use one. Good Luck!! 

Hey Kristen, 

I saw that in your November post you made a calendar and put an X for every day that you have done well. This morning I did the same thing and spent about an hour this morning creating the most beautiful calendar :P. Though I am not familiar with forum's and community sites such as these, I would love to be accountability buddies. Let me know how your first week goes.

Good Luck. 

I'm doing this with my 19yo daughter. We're at the end of day 6, and trust me if my sugar addicted daughter can do this so can you Adrianne.

My daughter is inspiring me to keep going.

That is so inspirational to hear! I love that you are doing this with you daughter. I have actually developed some of my bad habits because my mother as she is a sugar addict too. She struggles with maintaining energy throughout the day and it makes me so unhappy to realize that sugar could of been the reason why for all of these years.....

I have told her what I am doing but she is not fully convinced. My hope is that if I successfully complete the program, it will be evidence and motivation for her to try it so she can restore her energy and health. 

I liked reading your posts because they are just a few days ahead of me and I can get familiar with what is to come. Please keep posting meals and keep up the good work! :) Thanks a bunch

Archived