Car trip between Columbus, OH and Chicago, IL

liat

Hi everyone! I am currently in a yoga teacher training program that requires me to drive to Chicago, IL twice a month. This upcoming Friday will be my first time making the trek while eating clean! :)

My boyfriend and I normally stop at Chipotle on the way there and on the way back, and I understand we would be fine to do that if we made sure to only eat their w30-approved options. I'm wondering, however, if y'all had suggestions of great w30-approved restaurants in Indianapolis (halfway point) or Chicago (for over that weekend). Or if you have any suggestions about foods that we could take with us? I'm considering bringing the slow cooker along and cooking while I'm there, but that would probably be the last resort!

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

• Moderators

I'm not familiar with the area, so I can't help you there, but there are plenty of options to take food with you. Check out this Whole30 Travel Guide pdf or google Whole30 on the go or Whole30 road trip for more ideas. If you pack a cooler and replace the ice in it every day, your food should be fine, even if you don't have a fridge in your room -- so then you could cook ahead and take stuff with you. And most motels/hotels have microwaves, if not in your room, then down in the lobby somewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My very first day of whole30 was spent in the car from Cedar Rapids, IA to Ann Arbor, MI... about 10hours. We had all our food in a cooler and I had hard-boiled eggs, roast beef deli meat, bananas, other fruit, some nuts, and then TONS of veg on my arrival home since I do not like them raw. It was.... interesting.

Archived