Post Lunch Need to Nap!

candree

I am currently day whole50 with plans to just keep going for the time being.  I have been eating to template with no slips since I started back on Jan 1st.  I'm still finding however that on many days, following my lunch, I'm still experiencing a "carb crash" and I could totally fall asleep??  I thought the meal template was designed to eliminate this and I'm curious why I still seem to be falling victim to this.

My daily lunch consists of the following

1-2 palm size portions of chicken or fish usually with some chucky homemade guac (1/3 avocado, tomato, onion, salt and lemon juice)

1-1.5 cups of roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower or broccoli

1- 1.5 cups of raw veggies (cucumber, radishes, carrots)

1-2 tbsps of coconut oil

I eat lunch at noon daily, and by 1/1:30, I'm ready to lie down almost every day??

Sure...I'm a mom of 3 young children (3, 5,7) and I work full time so my schedule is largely pre-set!

I go to bed/sleep by 9/9:30 and I'm up by 5:30.  I need more sleep than this but this is the best I can do during the work week! (on Sat/Sun/Mon I sleep until 6:30/7 and wake much more rested!).  I take 1-2 tsps. of Natural Calm every night and as a result, I sleep great, but still wake tired during the work week.

I eat breakfast at 7:30am each morning and generally eat the same thing each day

1 egg "muffin"  (2 eggs, chopped spinach, mushrooms, bacon, peppers mixed like an omelet and cooked in a large muffin pan) on a bed of wilted spinach

1/2 chopped and cooked sausage

1 cup raspberries

1-2 tbsp. coconut oil

Lunch is at noon and as noted in my original post.

Dinner is between 5/5:30 and pretty much mimic's my lunch (I vary the protein and vegetable options depending on what I ate for lunch) 

I don't do any form of regular exercise.

I need more sleep than this but this is the best I can do during the work week! (on Sat/Sun/Mon I sleep until 6:30/7 and wake much more rested!).  I take 1-2 tsps. of Natural Calm every night and as a result, I sleep great, but still wake tired during the work week.

Kind of a big clue.

One other possibility (that complements not getting enough sleep at night): a lot of people's rhythms simply dip in the mid-afternoon, especially when they give up added sugar (which induces an artificial high). We're evolved to slow down during the warmest part of the day. Which is why the siesta is traditional in large swaths of the world.

EDIT:

So sorry! I just noticed now that this was in the Ladies Only section!

Archived