Which book should I start with?

TheDuchess

I am planning to start a Whole 30 and have read a lot on this site and other recommended blogs- but I haven't read ISWF or any of the other books.  I wonder if I should start with It Starts with Food or buy the Whole30 meal planning and recipe book, or even Nom Nom Paleo or other book. I ate Paleo for a few months and learned a bit about the science and guidelines.    I believe the science and frankly don't want to spend a bunch of time being convinced- at the same time I do think understanding the reason behind choices helps us to make more informed decisions      I just want clear cut rules and guidelines, shopping lists, recipes, easy ways to incorporate this  into my life, maybe sharts for taking any pre or post measurements that I  am supoosed to take when starting the program.  Is there more information on the template meals or explaning the size and frequecy of meals?  I have read that the point is not to snack but to have three meals that keep you full but O think I could know more- alright it is past my bedtime and I am falling asleep so le me know what you think- is all the info from It Starts with Food on this site?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

If you want to do the whole30 ISWF is the right one to get right now (There is a new book coming out soon, but it is not out until April 21st). The well fed cookbooks and nom nom paleo are great but they won't tell you about the whole30 really, they just give you recipes to use once you are doing the plan.

It is very possible to do the whole30 based on info from this site alone, but ISWF gives you all the reasons why the rules are the way they are. 

Archived