Starting March 8, 2015

Jomac

I started Mar 8th as well. I did a Whole 60 in early Sept, and had really great results (lost 10 lbs, clear skin, belly bloat gone, better energy, stomach issues decreased, headaches and migraines decreased from daily to rarely, shifted attitude towards food and its purpose). And then holidays came and it was a struggle to get back on track ever since. 

After several failed starts, I decided to ease up and do a Whole 7. Maybe 30 days was just too daunting and it was leading to self-sabotage. For right now, I'm taking it 1 day at a time and properly congratulating myself when the day is done. When these 7 days are up, I will strive for another 7, and so on...until Mexico on the last week of April. 

This past Sat, the day before official Day 1, I went on a day-long meditation retreat, and I was shocked at how intense my sugar cravings were. Being "forced" to sit with it and focus on it, and not grab the nearest cookie or chocolate bar to shut it up, showed me how strong of a mental pull these cravings had. It was eye-opening. 

Anyways, that's me. And would love to hear how you are all doing? Thanks. 

• Administrators

I started Mar 8th as well. I did a Whole 60 in early Sept, and had really great results (lost 10 lbs, clear skin, belly bloat gone, better energy, stomach issues decreased, headaches and migraines decreased from daily to rarely, shifted attitude towards food and its purpose). And then holidays came and it was a struggle to get back on track ever since. 

After several failed starts, I decided to ease up and do a Whole 7. Maybe 30 days was just too daunting and it was leading to self-sabotage. For right now, I'm taking it 1 day at a time and properly congratulating myself when the day is done. When these 7 days are up, I will strive for another 7, and so on...until Mexico on the last week of April. 

This past Sat, the day before official Day 1, I went on a day-long meditation retreat, and I was shocked at how intense my sugar cravings were. Being "forced" to sit with it and focus on it, and not grab the nearest cookie or chocolate bar to shut it up, showed me how strong of a mental pull these cravings had. It was eye-opening. 

Anyways, that's me. And would love to hear how you are all doing? Thanks. 

Hey Flora, nice to see you again!  That experience with your sugar cravings during meditation sounds really interesting! It's crazy how hard those manufactured substances hit our brains!

I hope you string together a few Whole7's because if you just do 7 days at a time with "breaks" in teh middle, you just get to keep experiencing the worst parts of the Whole30 over and over and that's no fun for anyone.  The magic usually starts to happen after the 10-12th day.

Archived