Any good make-ahead grab and go recipes?

BirdinFlight

I stumbled on this site because I am currently doing an almost identical version of this, blending the candida diet with the gut healing diet. I am happy to have found this as it falls more in line with the blended diet I have just started. BUT, I need some good make-ahead grab and go stuff. I know my energy will get better, but I have chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia among several other issues, and right now I need some things to just be ready to go. As does my wife who is doing this with me but doesn't have tons of time to make her lunch. We try to ensure there are enough leftovers from dinner, but that doesn't always happen either.

So - anybody have any good freezer worthy grab and go recipes?

I make Scotch eggs and keep a couple in the fridge and put some in the freezer as an easy grab and go option.  I mix pork mince with an egg, onion, seasoning and your choice of herbs, wrap a tennis ball sized portion around a hard boiled egg then bake in a medium heat oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.  They keep in the fridge for a few days and are best left to defrost over night if using from frozen and they are definitely not for reheating as the egg goes really dry.

I make a quiche type thing for breakfast which you can make as large as you like and again keeps in the fridge for several days.  W30 guidelines say as many eggs as you can hold in your hand is one portion so start with your eggs and see how big your (pre-greased with coconut oil) baking dish is.  Beat the eggs and add chopped bacon, tomato, scallions, red peppers and any other veg you like (I love broccoli in this) season well and then stir in coconut milk (again in proportion to the servings of eggs).  Bake until set with a very slight wobble on it.  Once cool I wrap in clingfilm/food wrap in portion sized pieces.  This can be warmed through and is also really nice with a salad.

Most of my grab and go food is available because of my cook up days; either Friday night or Saturday I cook big batches of things to use during the week when I am working.  Last night I made the family burgers but made twice as many as we needed so I could freeze some and keep some in the fridge.  Prep and planning is key to ongoing success and although the last thing I want to do on a Friday night is spend 2 hours chopping veg and roasting chickens etc I am really glad I did it later in the week.

Archived