Outback cooking oil

Gigi7

Aw, man! I got absolutely nothing in response to your actual question. I thought you were going to the Australian outback and were wondering what cooking oil to take along. Hahaha

Someone more knowledgeable (and realistic) about the restaurant scene will give you a proper answer soon, promise. Ha!

• Moderators

Were you told by an Outback representative? I would contact them and get the official word.

Tallow would be compliant, though it would be best if it were made from the fat of a pastured animal rather than one raised conventionally.

Any toxins, antibiotics, etc would be found in high concentrations in their fat.

I am a little skeptical that Outback would go to the trouble and expense for this.

• Moderators

In addition to what Ultrarunnergirl said, remember that even if they are using tallow for some things, they may still be using butter on things, and of course they might still marinate meats in marinades containing soy or sweeteners or other off-plan ingredients, so you still need to ask about that.

Ultrarunnergirl I was told by a waiter at outback who went and asked the chef. I have completed my whole 30 and am in the process of determining my triggers and meal plan from this point on. We eat 2-4 meals out a week so I am trying to find out what restaurants might be a better option. It is frustrating to have to ask detailed questions every time you go out because every entree may be prepared differently and there is always the possibility of there being hidden ingredients that the waiters or whoever they are asking do not know about. Yes they are usually very helpful but there can always be innocent omissions. I am getting really tired of eating plain meat, a sweet potato and steamed vegetables when there are so many other options on the menu! I just wish there would be restaurants that get on board with whole 30 or paleo! ...and if there are some please post them!!!

Archived