Day 4 - nausea, no appetite, no hunger - HELP!

I'm trying very very hard to stay on the Whole 30. Starting on Day 2 I've had nausea and no appetite and no hunger. I was able to eat some yesterday despite the nausea - 2 eggs, carrot sticks, and an apple for breakfast. I got some veggies and dip down around lunch, but it made me gag. Dinner I was able to get down some steak and green beans. I have not been able to eat anything yet today.

Am I being a whimp? What am I doing wrong? I did read some threads on nausea and some people seem to feel like they get nauseous when they are hungry but I was still nauseous after eating dinner last night. I am going to go to the store today for some sweet potatoes and maybe some butternut squash and roast those to see if that'll help settle my stomach. Otherwise I'm at a loss. Help!

Hi bestrick -

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Some folks go through this at the beginning stages of their Whole30, it's rough, but it does pass. Do your absolute best to eat at regular meal times and get in some protein, fat and vegetables. This will help your appetite and hormones regulate and help the nausea resolve sooner.

Fizzy water and ginger tea are also good remedies for a queasy stomach.

Hope to hear you're feeling better soon!

I felt the same way around that time (I am on day 11 now). Nothing sounded good and I was barely eating anything. It did pass and now I am eating fine three times a day..with the exception of eggs. I can not eat anymore eggs.

Archived