low blood sugar?

I'm on day 26.  I woke up this morning after eating normally yesterday (it was also a rest day for workouts) and within 15 minutes of being up I started to feel sweaty, nauseous, and dizzy.  I ended up dry heaving (sorry, gross) because there was nothing in my stomach.  I had my son bring me a gatorade...not approved...but definitely seemed emergency.  After three drinks of the gatorade (it was completely disgusting) and about 10 minutes on the floor I was able to get up.  I made and ate my normal breakfast, and am feeling fine right now.  Has anyone else ever had this happen?  It was scary!  Thanks

Oh, and no I'm not pregnant because my period just started. :-)

• Administrators

Wow, that sounds scary! Can you post the last couple days of your food, fluids, exercise and sleep? How about salt consumption, are you salting your foods? Could be the gatorade worked because it's got electrolytes?

My sleep has been great, between 7-8 hours per night.  I only wake if my kids need me for something (which happens maybe 2-3 times per week).  I've been drinking coffee in the morning and lemon/cucumber/ginger water throughout the day.  I never make it through my pitcher so I'm guessing maybe 2 quarts per day.  In the morning I usually have two eggs with spinach, peppers, onions, sausage, mushrooms and topped with 1/2 an avocado.  For lunch I usually have leftover protein and veggies.  Yesterday it was grilled chicken and a mixture of asparagus, cabbage, and broccoli with some sunshine sauce on top.  Then I had an apple with almond butter.  For dinner I had a grilled hamburger on top of a salad with a dressing of homemade mayo, homemade ketchup, and mustard mixed together.  It sounds gross, but it's pretty good.  I was still hungry so I had another apple.  That was around 8 pm and I went to bed around 11.  

The day before that I think my breakfast and lunch was basically the same, but dinner was zoodles with shrimp (with garlic and ghee) and sausage.  Then unsweetened hot tea.

My last workout (on Monday) was a 20 minute circuit with weights and some treadmill work.  Total workout time was around 50 min.  I had recently eaten lunch so I didn't eat again pre workout.  I had a boiled egg after.

I add salt to taste to my foods.  

I'm not sure if it was the bump of sugar or the electrolytes in the gatorade that helped.  I don't have a blood glucose meter so I couldn't check to see if it was low blood sugar but it seemed kind of like it.

i have had bouts of sweaty, nausea and dizzy that show like yours.  i was never sure what it was.  but they do pass.  mine happened before whole 30 also and i attributed it to heartburn/bad diet/didn't know/   happened to me recently and was on day 9 or 10  this doesn't help but at least you know you are not alone.

Archived