2nd W30...7 days in (3/27 start)

paintedgrrl

Just putting it out there....I began my second Whole30 on 3/27. I did my first about a year ago and managed to lose 15 pounds even though I did not work out a lot. I was living in busy, crowded Bergen County, NJ and working for a luxury store in a very large mall...retail hours suck!

So this go around, I live on a farm (still NJ but NWNJ) where we raise grass-fed cows and sheep, pastured pigs, pastured egg-laying hens and grow all of our fruits and vegetables organically. Sounds like it should be easier, right?

Wellllll.....this time I work at a Creamery....we make 30 different types of artisanal cheese, yogurt, butter and gelato. I. Am. A. Cheesemonger. I sell our delightful products to the masses daily. The struggle is real people.

Between living on one farm and working on another....I am pretty active. I don't stop moving until about 2 1/2 hours before bed. The challenge is to do every physical task mindfully....I make it a point to move with purpose. If I have to pick things up...I "squat" them up. If I am going up the steps(and I do A LOT)...I "lunge" up the steps. When I cut the cheese(heh heh...CUT THE CHEESE...yep, that joke never gets old) I do calf raises while doing so. And so on. And so on.

And so, while there are aspects of this Whole 30 that will make things easier...there are very different obstacles this time around. I'm tightening up the laces on my sneakers....eyes on the prize.

Best of luck to you. I was a dairy lover pre-whole30 and I'd have sold my soul to the devil in the first weeks just for a glass of milk.... Now? Meh. You can keep your milk! And your cheese! Your yoghurt maybe not so much...  :unsure: 

Stay strong!

Best of luck to you. I was a dairy lover pre-whole30 and I'd have sold my soul to the devil in the first weeks just for a glass of milk.... Now? Meh. You can keep your milk! And your cheese! Your yoghurt maybe not so much... :unsure:

Stay strong!

. Thank you so much for the support!! Well wishes to you also!

Archived