April 1st Start Date

lelani

2 day restart to May 1st.      Stayed on track yesterday, getting prepped for my Anti Candida diet.  Must cut out pork too I see

Breakfast:  scrambelled eggs and sausage meat.  (have some thawed I have to use up)    onions, celery too

Lunch.  and Dinner too I think:   spiralized zucchini, sauteed in ghee and garlic and roast chicken....

Pain level still high, but not so bad today.

Hi there.  I only joined today, but your topic was at the top of the list so I began reading :)

I was at day 17 yesterday when I ate some cheese.  Am restarting tomorrow, have been clean most of the day but I did have milk and sugar in my coffee this morning, so today is day 0.

Just wanted to add about the candida, although you seem well supplied with information, but the thing that got rid of it for me was ditching the mushrooms and olives in brine.  Good luck figuring it all out and getting that pain under control.

Hey thanks Aerwyna, I appreciate that.   That is annoying when we blow it. but  every whole30 day moves you toward a healthier you so we just do what we can.

Have been doing really well Day 5 on my restart.  Missing my carrots but have replaced them with way more cucumbers    Then I will start a new whole30.  

Love my new Whole30 book.  Lots of reading to do for more inspiration.  I mean I have the whole plan down pat but reading keeps you motivated.  Just wanting to be really healthy keeps me motivated and determined.  My body just can't take the odd mishap as minor as it might be.

I enjoy a bit of cocao and cocoanut milk in my coffee if I need a bit extra fun.  Fortunately for me Sweet is not a flavor I like...

Summary for this month.  Still in lots of pain.  Went on Candida whole30 about 6 days ago, Once and for all will get rid of it,  It may take 6 months they say. I have done it for 3 months at a time before. Yikes.  Even before having potato and yams was an extreme treat as I gain so quickly after 30 carbs, yes even on whole30.  Extremely Motivated more so than ever.  I have eaten so clean most of my adult life so can tend to get frustrated because I just never get the results of other people.  I seem to be at peace with that finally.  Do what I have to do to get rid of the pain.  I know it is Candida.  Getting results from a bone scan today (just in case)  have had lots of tests to find out why the pain, other than arthritis.  I refuse to take medication unless I am officially dying or something with no recourse to reverse it.  

So.  A day at a time......

Hey there.  You have such a fantastic attitude towards your progress, you will get there, one day, one meal, one forkful at a time.

My apologies, too.  I was confusing the candida restrictions with their overlap (for me) with yeast-free.  I twigged when you mentioned the carrots and potatoes, and general carbs, d'uh!  I should have questioned myself more when I read you mentioned no pork, which confused me at the time, but I didn't have my sheet to hand to check. Anyway ... best of luck working through that, especially without meds.  I admire you for that and would like to hope that I would be the same, but I hope never to find out if I have the strength to be tested like that.

Best wishes :)

Hey Aerwyna  you are great, I really appreciate your comments,  Yeast free, Candida free all the same.  I have been doing this since I was 13, I am now 57.  I am just so thankful that I have always eaten healthy and I am not 800 lbs, bed ridden and full over the top diabetic.  Good eating pays off.  I love whole9 and whole30 makes life pretty easy.  whole9 with carb restrictions works well for me.  Had a bunch of tests done to see how things are going and why the pain.  They can't find anything.  apparently I am a very healthy 57 year old overweight lady! Ha.  All tests are great. Doc says he doesn't know How I keep my cholesteral, blood pressure, diabetes and such good levels.  I said I eat right.  He thinks I am too strict and wants to give me a drug for the diabetes so I don't have to keep my carbs so low.  I said no.  Anyway enough of me.  You stay on this healthy life style and you will not have to take drugs.  Take Care.  Starting a new page today,  whole30/whole24/and a new whole30

How's your new Whole30 going?  I remember hearing lots about candida when I was in college and had a friend who struggled with it, but really don't know much at all.  You've sparked my curiosity so I'm going to google.  I hope your new month is starting off well.

Archived