Day 27-30 in the Bahamas

rosie.ett

Hey all-

I'm on day 8 of my first Whole 30 and overall I enjoy it and really do want to complete the entire 30 days but I have a slight problem. I originally started doing this because my spouse and I (who's also doing Whole30) are going to the Bahamas for 4 days, but by the time we started the 30 days, days 27-30th are the ones that are going to be in the Bahamas.  We're staying in an airbnb so it's not impossible to cook, but it's not the easiest solution. I want to finish strong but I have a feeling once we get there it's not going to be easy and we'll say "27 days is long enough!" 

Anyone have any advice or similar situations?  Has anyone vacationed on a whole30? I know my situation isn't recommended, but here we are. 

Thanks!! 

Ultimately, it's your call whether you do a Whole26, Whole30, or something in between.  To experience the true full benefits of the program, do your best to complete 30 days.

I'm thinking seafood is plentiful in the Bahamas. Also guessing there are lots of vegetable options. Eggs are likely accessible as well. So it's a matter (whether you cook it yourself or have it prepared for you), of using compliant fats and watching any seasonings, marinades or sauces for off-plan ingredients.

You might find this guide to navigating a restaurant menu helpful.

Archived