Health Issue

I started Whole30 59 days ago. To date I have still not experienced all of the great benefits I have read about. I don't have tiger blood, my eczema is as bad as ever and My weight loss is completely stalled. I am sticking with it because I still have hope that it can work for me. I am currently experiencing a possible medical issue that I believe could be preventing the program from working. I am urinating excessively to the point that I am waking up every two hours in the night. Is it possible that this lack of sleep is causing my hormones to be out of whack and preventing the program from working?

About the health issue.....I suspect that this has been going on for a long time but I only became aware of it when I started whole30. I have been to two doctors and have finally been referred to a urologist who I have an appointment with in a week and a half. I am going to continue to stick with it in hopes that once my medical issues are resolved I will begin to experience the benefits. It has been depressing to read about other people reaping the benefits so soon into their 30 days. Just need some hope that this can work for me.

Mom - why not post your food so the Mods can eyeball what might be going on.  Just a few tweaks here and there can make all of the difference in the world.

The best tweak is to eliminate any inbetween meal snacking and allowing 4-5 hours inbetween meals.  The other tweak is to make sure that dried fruits, nuts and nut butters aren't replacing any vegetables, proteins or other good dietary fats off of your plate.  Nuts should not be used as the primary fat source.  Dried fruits should be used for cooking purposes.

Have you been checked for diabetes? Excessive urination is a common symptom of that.

A food list will help folks to give better feedback. Information on your sleep habits, exercise, and water consumption will help too. At this point, it's a shot in the dark to offer advice since the issue could be an unresolved food sensitivity, need for more starchy veggies (they're kind of important for womenfolk), excess stress/insufficient sleep, not eating enough during meal times/relying on snacks, and the list goes on.

If you've been to two doctors, I imagine one of them asked for your blood chemistry profile.  That's pretty standard for the first visit.  So they've probably checked you for  T2 Diabetes...yes?  After your third visit, you might know more what's going on.  

Archived