Started tonight at dinner/worried about being a nursing mother

rantrim

Hi, I'm Rae. My husband and I started tonight at dinner. Monday (tomorrow) was the original start date, but since I was able to get to the store and prepare, I thought, why not start now!

I am still nursing my 8 month old and I'm worried about milk production changes, and also the fact that I'm ALWAYS starving because of it. I am hoping this Whole30 help with my major sugar and carb addiction I began three years ago with my first pregnancy. I am also hoping for some weight loss, but I will not be weighing myself :)

Both my husband and I are in need of some weight loss, but we also need help with portion control. Here's to sticking with it!

• Moderators

Hi, Rae!

You can google Whole30 breastfeeding for lots of past discussion on this topic.

We definitely don't want you to be starving. As a nursing mom, you need to eat at least four full template sized meals every day, include lots of starchy vegetables (maybe even at every single meal), and feel free to sip on coconut milk throughout the day. This may mean you eat as much or more than your husband does, and that's fine. Your body is not only trying to recover from all the changes that pregnancy brings, it's also sustaining you and all your activity, and providing fuel for a growing little one. It needs lots of energy. 

Archived