Snacks/ extra mini meal?

epp

I have found that I usually get hungry in the afternoon despite having a big lunch. I'm 18 and thin, so I'm not trying to lose weight. Is it acceptable to regularly have an afternoon snack? I could structure it like a meal with some meat and veggies if that would make it better. I really don't think I could eat any more for lunch...

• Administrators

What does your "big lunch" look like?  If you are needing snacks within 4-5 hours you need to eat more at the previous meal.  If volume is an issue then you can add more fat to get your a longer duration.

If you are truly hungry between meals then yes, we ask that you have a mini meal containing at least protein and fat but ideally also veggies.  Try not to get reliant on that snack, you really do need to try and give your digestive system a rest in between cycles and "snacking" prevents that.

Okay thanks! And a big lunch would be a serving of meat, a spinach salad topped with avocado and other veggies, a side of roasted sweet potato, and some berries. Sometimes nuts on the salad or pistachios on the side. And sometimes steamed zucchini instead of sweet potato.

Archived