Dining Out at Baseball Stadium

jgscuba1

Me and my wife go to a couple of New York Yankee baseball games a year and was wondering if there was anything that was Whole 30 approved to eat at he game? Besides the normal stadium food they also have a Hard Rock cafe and a New York Steak restruant. So is there anything we could eat or should we bring our own meal??

• Administrators

You'd really have to ask at the establishments to find out about things like cooking fats, sugars in marinades, soy in meats etc.  You could start with the internet and see if anything looks even remotely acceptable and then call and ask.  We hesitate to make any blanket recommendations about specific places or foods because regionally they can change formulations and even from month to month some of these menus change.

Guest Andria

There is really no way for people on a forum to be able to tell you if the food at a baseball game would be compliant.  Considering what concession stands serve at the baseball stadiums I have been too, the likely answer is no there would not be anything compliant.  The closest thing might be a bunless burger, but even with that you need to consider if they mix anything non compliant into the burger meat and what do they coat the grill wit

Your best bet is to eat ahead of the game or bring your own meal(if allowed).

There's a slim chance that you can find something at one of the restuarants, but like the previous responses said, you'll have to do some leg work in vetting your available choices. As far as concessions go, probably your only options are a piece of fruit and bottled water which, for the money you'll pay, they really aren't worth it. If you really want to eat while you're at the game, you're better off packing your own meal.

• 3 weeks later...

You can almost always find a bunless burger and plain baked potato in a world like that.  At Hard Rock you might even be able to find plain broccoli.  Add a piece of fruit and a bottle of water and you have something far better than nothing.  You can also almost certainly get a plain side salad at one of the restaurants.  Don't look for fancy in a spot like that, but DO look for food.  It's there.

And don't stress completely.  After all, it's baseball.

ThyPeace, thinks that sometimes we make this a little too hard.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

This has actually been discussed before, believe it or not! I've merged your topic with teh thread in question. You can also google "Whole30 theme park" or "Whole30 picnic" or "Whole30 brown bag" for lots of "take with you" ideas.

Archived