This is how you plan for a W30 weekend away! :)

I'm on Day 10 and had a busy day cooking! I'm going away for the weekend, Friday - Monday.

Saturday and Sunday I'll be at a music festival with bad food options. Friday and Monday I have a 4 hour drive to get there and back. I'm staying with a friend in between but figured it'd be easier to pack all the meals I'll need.

I'll bring them in the car in a cooler and put the day's meals in Tupperware for bringing to the festival. Lunch Friday and Monday will be in the car, but I pre-cooked enough meals to cover everything from Friday lunch - Monday lunch.

From left to right we have Chicken Cacciatore, mixed veggies (yams, zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus and greens) in an orange, ginger/garlic/ghee sauce with either chicken or beef, and Cauliflower Tabbouleh with chicken. Several of each so that all meals are covered and all have plenty of protein and fat. Time well spent in the kitchen. :) Now I can just enjoy the weekend away without stressing out or making bad choices. :) 

post-257-0-36299700-1432856527_thumb.jpg

Yum! That sauce sounds incredible!

Munkers, it is, and so easy! I take about a cup of OJ, a huge chunk of ghee, a huge chunk of peeled ginger chopped coarse (you'll blend it later), and a couple cloves of garlic and simmer it until it has reduced by about half and looks all thick and yummy. Then I just purree it in my mini-blender and it's a great sauce for veggies of any kind and pretty much goes with any kind of protein. :) 

Nice job!   Even though I won't be on a Whole30 at the time, I have a trip coming up in a few weeks and I want to stay as compliant as possible.  It's always good to hear from others that it can be done!

Enjoy your weekend!  Back when I was young and fun, I used to love music festivals!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived