Having trouble staying on track. Help make some mental contracts.

idjlee96

So I've been trying to start the Whole30 for the past few weeks. Struggling to stay on it longer than a week without slipping. Yes, I know there is no excuse for my failure, but I'm not really looking for sympathy. I just wanted to make some "mental" contracts to help push myself through those tougher times. Hard to get strict support from those around my as I am still fairly young and live at home with my family. As supportive as they are, they still encourage eating "healthy" whole wheats, lots of rice, and snacking out since I have a "teenage" metabolism.

So, avoiding making the post too long, I just wanted to put it out there, that 30 days from now I will have completed my first Whole30. That's October 3rd to be exact (today's my Day 0... again). Anyway, I'll try keep you guys up to date, otherwise,

See you in 30 days :)

Best of luck on your Whole30. You can do this!

I find that having a Whole30 log really helps me stay accountable so you might consider starting one in the "Your Whole30 Log" section. It's also a great source of support from others in the forum. The few times I missed posting when life got busy, I know I ate more because I wasn't planning to update my log on a particular day. Sounds crazy, but it's true. I follow the plan more closely and commit to it more fully when I post. After a long weekend of not logging and mindless snacking, I'll be back on track in the morning... :)

Writing a log is a great idea. I haven't been posting mine to the forums, but I have kept one from day 1. I also wanted to track my mood and activity, so I have a small section for workout and status (generic term, but it fits). I hope after 30 days I'll have insight into how those three things intertwine.

I'm starting this tomorrow and could really use the Whole 30 log. But where do I find it?

Click on the "Forums" tab at the top of your screen on the left. Then look for "Your Whole30 Log" towards the bottom of the list of forums under "Community". Here is a link. Just start a new topic with whatever log name you choose and then update with a new post whenever you want.

http://forum.whole9l...ur-whole30-log/

Archived