And then, on Day 2, this happened....

BassMent

Okay, so I really didn't think I'd have anything of interest to say on Day 2, except maybe to whine about wine.  But here I am, sitting in my office after consuming a leviathan of a salad (with grilled chicken, tons of tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and olive oil), and I'm not falling asleep at my desk!  Even though I'm working on a wicked boring report!

WTH? Could cutting out grains, dairy, added sugar and alcohol for a day and a half make that big a difference?  Cuz I'll tell you what, it has been a problem for me for a decade or more, staying awake after lunch.  I've had some embarrassing moments during 1:00 PM meetings, and have even on occasion snuck off to grab a little afternoon nap in the "quiet room."  So this is a very big deal.

I figured I'd be nothing but miserable this early in the game... and I know I will be tonight when sit down to dinner and can't crack open a favorite vintage (I've been a certifiable wine nut for 30 years... I'd even say oenophile if I knew how to pronounce it).  But if this is any sort of preview of changes to come, it will be sooooo worth it!

One of the first things that happens when you start Whole30 is that your blood sugar levels start to balance out which can have a big impact on energy levels. So yes, just a day can TOTALLY make a difference. :) Grains, sugar, and alcohol are some of the bigger triggers when it comes to spiking blood sugar and then the crash that comes with it. Now that your sugars aren't soaring, your body doesn't have to pump out as much insulin to control the levels. And a smaller insulin surge means you're less likely to have rebound hypoglycemia and fatigue that comes with it.

Glad to hear that you're already seeing positive changes!

Archived