Noelle's Whole30 - Ballet, Breastfeeding, and Bone Health

Noelle

Day 29

B: 2 poached eggs, bone broth (almost a liter)

Mid-morning: 6 fl oz kombucha

L: Turkey breast, macadamia nuts, banana

L2: Turkey breast, macadamia nuts, banana, 6 fl oz

D: Fermented pickle

Turkey thigh, slow-cooked carrots, coconut oil

Hydration: Not much - a little over a liter

Exercise: 1 hour ballet class

BM: Morning, Type 6+

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Day 30. Or 60—whatever. I wish I felt more accomplished, and not just like I have a long, long way to go. I wish Whole30 were "enough," and didn't require further tweaking.

I realized I kind of forgot about the whole "bone health" angle of my project. I guess that's what I'm working towards in trying to get my period back, but for a while I was all about the calcium-rich foods, getting my 2000mg/daily from food and all that, but I just stopped caring. I guess I'm practically living on broth now, so that's something... But when my gut hurts, I just cannot be bothered about my spine.

I realized this morning that I never updated with my Day 30 food, results, and all that.

Food on Day 30 was veggie-light and heavy on the unsalted macadamia nuts, which was the only thing that sounded good to my still sick-and-iffy belly.

I ate some dessert on Day 31, and my cravings came roaring back to life within minutes. The weekend was a challenge, but it's all a learning experience and good information to have moving forward.

I lost a couple pounds, lost a half-inch off most of my measurements (my waist is slowly coming back), and I broke my habit of eating after dinner. Oh, and I kept us waaay under-budget on food for the month! That's my favorite result.

Archived