Carbohydrates

Mich

Just a quick question about carbohydrates. I'm not a huge fan of sweet potatos and i eat a bit of pumpkin but are there are other good sources of carbohydrates that are Whole 30 compliant. I have just started back at Bikram Yoga (90 minutes in a hot sweaty room) which I love but which is taking a lot out of me and I'm thinking I'm not eating enough carbs. If anyone can provide some advice that would be appreciated,

Butternut squash? Zucchini and summer squash? Carrots? Parsnips? Apples? Oranges? You might need to add some fruit to get the carb balance right on days you do yoga. It takes some experimenting to find out what works, so don't be afraid to try different things until you find what works for you.

Beets, carrots... any root vegetable!

I've taken to making a batch of "breakfast vegetables" that lasts a few days... Saute some greens (kale and chard this week), some onions, and I like to add beets to that too. I get the golden ones so my kitchen doesn't look like crime scene when I chop them.

Add a (compliant, obvs!) sausage or half, and 1-3 (depending how hungry) eggs to scramble in it. Great breakfast!

Archived