Day 4 Whole 30 Nursing Mom and Need Some Tips

Hi Everyone,

I am doing Whole 30 for the third time and it's my first time doing it while nursing. I was wondering what I need to adjust on the program (if anything). Do I need to eat more snacks? An additional meal? If so, do you have some examples of stuff I can eat? I found an almond butter with just almonds in it...would that be whole30 compliant? 

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Lindsay 

• Administrators

Morning!  Our three meals a day, no snacking guideline does not apply to pregnant or nursing women.  You probably need a full four meals a day that include lots of starchy veggies and fat along with your protein.  We don't encourage "snacking" or grazing all day or eating things between meals like fruits on their own or just nuts but if you are hungry between meals, go ahead and eat!

You also need to make sure you are drinking at least the recommended amount of water, half an ounce per pound of bodyweight.

You can sip coconut milk througout the day to keep your fat levels up or eat cans of olives as you go.

Here's a good thread: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/20580-nursing-mothers-and-whole30/

Archived