Menu Check - UK Pizza Express

lucirebecca

Hey guys! I start on July 1st but already know we have a family meal out to Pizza Express that my OH and I are treating my parents to  :)

I wanted to do a quick check on my options - I've narrowed it down to these, are these compliant (on the surface at least - I'll have to ask about oils etc I guess?)

Option One: Leggera Superfood Salad - adding chicken or oak roasted salmon

Baby spinach and seasonal mixed leaves, tenderstem broccoli, beetroot, light mozzarella, avocado, pine kernels, cucumber, lentils and fresh basil, finished with our light house dressing
Remove: Lentils and mozzarella, probably no dressing (not sure about the sugars, I'll have to check)

Option Two: Primavera Salad
Smoked ham hock on a bed of seasonal mixed leaves and rocket with avocado, free-range egg, petit pois, basil pesto and freshly chopped parsley with house dressing and warm dough sticks
Remove: Dough sticks, probably no pesto or dressing (not sure about the sugars and oils, I'll have to check)

Option Three: Niçoise Salad
Tuna, anchovies, surfine capers, olives, free-range egg, seasonal mixed leaves, vine tomatoes and cucumber with house dressing and warm dough sticks
Remove: Dough sticks, probably no dressing (not sure about the sugars, I'll have to check)

You'll definitely have to check about oils and added sugars for all dishes, and bring your own dressing..

The ham hock is most likely out as it's rare to find a ham that hasn't been cured in sugar.

You'll also have to ask how their chicken is cooked/glazed as it's likely there might be sugar in that too, or the chicken could be injected with fillers.

The salmon with the legera super-food salad or the Tuna Nicoise salads are probably your best bet - although I wouldn't assume the salmon or tuna are compliant either without asking, and yep hold the lentils, mozzarella, dressings & dough sticks....

That's great, thank you! I suspected that about the ham, so I'll write that one off. I've popped them a question about their salmon re sweeteners/sugar, but according to their allergen menu it (and their tuna) are free of sulphur dioxide, soy/soya products, gluten etc.

Edit: I've heard back from Pizza Express (how I love Twitter) and they've confirmed their 'Oak Smoked Salmon' is sugar and sweetener free. Yay!

Archived