Fat options? Fave sauce/dip recipes?

Hi there gang. I'm on day 14 and still really tired, but realized I am underconsuming fats and veggies. I've boosted it up the past couple days, and feel tons better.

So here's the q: My hubs doesn't like avocado or olives (my go-to fat sources). Do ya'll have any suggestions for other fat sources? Easy sauce/dressing/dip recipes?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Mayo is a good option for adding fat. (There are other recipes/methods out there, but if you have an immersion blender, that one is the easiest.) You can use it as is, or here's several recipes that use it as a base.

There's also oil-based sauces like chimichurri or the Moroccan dipping sauce at the bottom of this chicken recipe.

There are nut and seed butter based sauces, like Sunshine Sauce (it calls for sunbutter, but almond butter works just as well if you can't find sunbutter without added sugar) or tahini dressing. (Do try to limit nuts and seeds, they're not the best fat sources because their omega-3 to omega-6 ratios aren't the greatest, but they're good options to have sometimes.)

Here's a link to all the sauce and dressing recipes on The Clothes Make The Girl -- most of these should be W30 compliant. There are also some good ones on Nom Nom Paleo, but be sure you double check -- most of her recipes are W30 or can easily be made W30, but she does sometimes use sweeteners or other non-W30 ingredients.

While your husband doesn't like olives, does he like olive oil?

A friend of mine made this lemony dressing for a kale salad recently, and I've been using it on all my salads since.

Ingredients:
- juice of 2 lemons (~1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- chopped shallot (I use 1/2 of a large one)
- 2 tsp compliant dijon mustard 
- salt and pepper to taste

Whisk all the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit 30 - 60 minutes before serving on salad, or over veggies.

Archived