I´m not hungry...BUT!

I am on third day and I miss some FLAVOUR(s). I can´t stand hot spices and I don´t want everything to taste like cinnamon. The feeling is so weird, I am not hungry and I feel kind of happy but...I don ´t know.. Does anybody have (or used to have) this feeling too? Thanks :)

• Moderators

There are so many spices and herbs out there, you may just need to find some you like.

I don't like hot spices either and pretty much always skip pepper flakes in any recipe. Chili powder is fine for me for some reason, though. I like the flavor but don't notice any heat.

If you can find a spice store near you, like Penzey's, spend some time there smelling all the spices and see what smells good to you, then try that.

There's also herbs, fresh or dried. Rosemary is great with potatoes or chicken. When you're at the store next time, look for fresh herbs in the produce section, and smell them. Even if you buy dried herbs because they're cheaper, the smell will give you some idea what they'll taste like.

I also highly recommend looking at recipes on sites like The Clothes Make The Girl (some of hers may be too hot for you, like I said above, just skip the pepper flakes completely, everything I've done that with still tastes good,just less hot). Nom Nom Paleo is good too -- she focuses a lot on umami, which is just that general yumminess that you can't quite put your finger on where it's coming from but you know it's there.

Archived