Planning to start August 17!!

Suhre5

So I am in the worst health I have ever been in! I am heavier than I have ever been and also incredible out of shape! No "diet" has really stuck so I'm ready to make a change! My kids head back to school Aug 19 so I am hoping to get started that Mobday before to get going!

• Moderators

Good for you for deciding to do this!

If I can offer one tiny suggestion -- between now and August 17, start trying to be as close to Whole30 compliant as you can manage. It will make that first week or so easier, especially since you'll have the added stress of getting the kids back to school that week. 

What I mean by as close to Whole30 as you can manage is, start trying to make your meals meet the meal template, start cutting out obvious sugar and sweeteners and as much as you can start giving up bread and grains. As your pantry staples like mustard, salsa, canned tuna, etc run out, start buying ones that are Whole30 compliant. If you usually cook, start trying to make your normal meals Whole30 friendly if possible, and if you don't usually cook, now is a great time to start. You don't have to start questioning every ingredient at a restaurant yet, but try to focus on ordering things like meat and vegetables or salads rather than burgers and sandwiches. Believe me, it really is worth it to start changing now. The level of difficulty in the first week or two of a Whole30 tends to be directly related to how different it is from what you were eating in the weeks leading up to starting.

Thank you for the advice! The only reason I am waiting to start is because of all of the upcoming events we have between now and then. I can definitely start trying to change my thought process towards eating more that way!!

Archived