Start date Aug 1

Mary2244

I'm also a fan of the coconut milk in my coffee! I'm not sure I would even want to go back to half and half!

My only issue is that I have had some heartburn recently. It's mostly at night, so right now I'm trying to eat earlier and make sure that I'm not reclining on the sofa right after my meals. I also know that spicy food can trigger it, so I've dialed that down as well. But even with all my changes, I still had some heartburn this morning :( it was awful! To me it almost feels like a panic attack.

I agree, I think I'm going to stick with coconut milk even when the 30 days are complete

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, too, am suffering with bad bloat and constipation which I think have given me a hemorrhoid :( I am eating most of my veggies cooked. I am taking mag oil to see if that helps. 5 more days! I would be lying if I didn't say I can't WAIT for a slice of pizza! I can do without most of the rest of the sugar and whatever, but pizza I don't see myself ever giving up

Are you drinking enough water? Aim for 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily.

Also, if you'd like to post 2-3 days worth of your typical food log in the Troubleshooting section, we can give you feedback on possible tweaks. 

been meaning to post here for days now...

First off, congrats to all of us that have made it this far! I'm so looking forward to hearing the results of your Whole30 journey..

Here's what I've learned so far:

1. Having BEFORE pics taken of me in my underwear was an eye opener :-0

2. Giving in to the scale early can be discouraging...I weighed myself once (last week)..feeling (and looking) like I was down about 10 lbs (can you spell UNREALISTIC!!)..only to find I was just down a few...very discouraging..BUT I didn't throw in the towel like I have in the past

3. Grapes are a trigger food for me..who knew! At night I use to drink water with crystal lite or chew gum to avoid the cravings and munchies..or I'd just give in and binge on MnMs, bread, twizzlers, protein bars etc etc..now it's grapes. Although they are much better I realize it's still a behaviour that needs changed.

4. Coffee can eventually be tolerable without milk and sweetner

5. I love the fact that everything I'm eating now is non processed....no more Blue Menu/WW/Healthy Choice meals for me

6. Don't know that I can say I'm 'feeling' much different...except for the fact that I'M controlling the food versus the FOOD controlling me

7. I talk often with friends that for me the switch is either ON or OFF..the switch being who's in control..ME or My cravings..right now I am focused and very much in control..but nervous about that switch being turned off, as usually happens

7. I plan to continue this past 30 days :-)

Love to hear your thoughts about this journey

Tomorrow is my last day (being australian and in a different time zone in the future in comparison to USA). I finally found some useful resources...why the heck i didn't google paleo vegetarian main meals faster is beyond me. 
Things I am thinking of doing: returning to smoothies, baking crackers + facsimilies like "cheese"  and making a raw cake or two (strawberry, or raspberry chocolate) for my birthday next week.
I found myself getting a couple of pimples for the first time on the 30 days and not sure what to put it down to.

things that I have learned:
- I'm capable of eating a vast amount of coconut oil, sweet potato, potato, zucchini and eggs. never had so much.
- It's quite challenging as a vegetarian to eat out on this diet - i asked for a whole30 approved vegetarian mixed bowl at a paleo restaurant, and got fetta, couldn't get the ingredients in their sauce, and just grumble ate, thinking i should have been better prepared and brought something from home.

- there is definitely a special award  for those who do 30 days without a dishwasher .

I have not chimed in much (at all?) on this thread, but following now to see how everyone is feeling/doing on our last day of Whole30.

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF! I cannot believe I haven't had a sip of alcohol, a bite of bread, or a smidgen of butter for 30 days. AMAZING!

I have not chimed in much (at all?) on this thread, but following now to see how everyone is feeling/doing on our last day of Whole30.

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF! I cannot believe I haven't had a sip of alcohol, a bite of bread, or a smidgen of butter for 30 days. AMAZING!

I am so happy too!  No sugar, gluten, dairy or alcohol.  I feel really good and I am planning on continuing.  I told another forum member Sheels that I might have a glass of wine on Fri or Sat but definitely no sugar, that's my real addiction.  If I go to a nice Italian restaurant I might have pasta but we really don't go out that much because we like to cook at home.  

Congrats to all who stuck with it!!! I will report my weight and measurements tomorrow.

oh yes, one more thing... I stayed off the scale which is a miracle for me!

been meaning to post here for days now...

First off, congrats to all of us that have made it this far! I'm so looking forward to hearing the results of your Whole30 journey..

Here's what I've learned so far:

1. Having BEFORE pics taken of me in my underwear was an eye opener :-0

2. Giving in to the scale early can be discouraging...I weighed myself once (last week)..feeling (and looking) like I was down about 10 lbs (can you spell UNREALISTIC!!)..only to find I was just down a few...very discouraging..BUT I didn't throw in the towel like I have in the past

3. Grapes are a trigger food for me..who knew! At night I use to drink water with crystal lite or chew gum to avoid the cravings and munchies..or I'd just give in and binge on MnMs, bread, twizzlers, protein bars etc etc..now it's grapes. Although they are much better I realize it's still a behaviour that needs changed.

4. Coffee can eventually be tolerable without milk and sweetner

5. I love the fact that everything I'm eating now is non processed....no more Blue Menu/WW/Healthy Choice meals for me

6. Don't know that I can say I'm 'feeling' much different...except for the fact that I'M controlling the food versus the FOOD controlling me

7. I talk often with friends that for me the switch is either ON or OFF..the switch being who's in control..ME or My cravings..right now I am focused and very much in control..but nervous about that switch being turned off, as usually happens

7. I plan to continue this past 30 days :-)

Love to hear your thoughts about this journey

I have so many of the same issues Sheila. I am with you on the grapes or any other fruit.  What the book says is to eat the fruit with your meal because I was doing the same thing and eating a juicy peach after dinner the way I use to eat fage yogurt every night or any other "dessert" type food. The habit is you have to have something sweet at the end of a meal and that's a habit I have to continue to work on.

I love the no processed food and I am an on and off switch too.  I can be perfectly disciplined or absolutely out of control.

I will definitely continue this way of life and feel very good!

Completed my Whole30.I have more energy. I lost 6 1/2 pounds - this is amazing to me, since I ate so much yummy food.  I'm going to do another 30, although there are a couple of events at which I'll probably have a glass of wine.

Check in day for me...I was a day behind everyone cuz I had a restart on Day 1!!

Only measured bust waist and hips before and after..

Down 4 inches in total, down 5.5 lbs..tho it looks like more...

Going to continue for Sept - loving the food - and may track my food for a few days...wondering if I'm eating too much...also going to post a few days in the Forum here and get some feedback...

How did everyone else do?

Archived